Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal fans in home stands

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A guy in a brighton scarf and hat dropped his phone as he walked through the North stand concourse. I picked it up, caught him up and patted him on the shoulder to hand his phone back. As I did this I noticed the arsenal badge as his lock screen on his phone.

I'll pretend I didn't see that I say, jeee thaaaankyouu soo much he replied in some horrible American drawl.

A brighton clad, arsenal supporting yank tourist How thoroughly premier league.
Brighton as a second team and tourist supporters probably make up a significant percentage of Amex regulars these days.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Brighton as a second team and tourist supporters probably make up a significant percentage of Amex regulars these days.
There's going to be a fair few for sure, decades of being ground into the dirt mean that many followed other teams in that time. Don't understand that mentality myself but its a fact.

Also the case that the kids of those supporters will go on to be fully fledged albion fans. The lost support will regenerate soon. Tourists will disappear if we get relegated - just watching Blackburn on telly. Such a poor crowd for a promotion chasing team, ridiculous how folk seem only interested in the PL

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
There's going to be a fair few for sure, decades of being ground into the dirt mean that many followed other teams in that time. Don't understand that mentality myself but its a fact.

Also the case that the kids of those supporters will go on to be fully fledged albion fans. The lost support will regenerate soon. Tourists will disappear if we get relegated - just watching Blackburn on telly. Such a poor crowd for a promotion chasing team, ridiculous how folk seem only interested in the PL
Pitch looks terrible?
Do they share it with a Rugby league team?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A guy in a brighton scarf and hat dropped his phone as he walked through the North stand concourse. I picked it up, caught him up and patted him on the shoulder to hand his phone back. As I did this I noticed the arsenal badge as his lock screen on his phone.

I'll pretend I didn't see that I say, jeee thaaaankyouu soo much he replied in some horrible American drawl.

The BHA clobber was disguise in case he bumped into some of the macho men on this thread ;)
Non alcoholic beer or wine or liqueurs, sure I get it.

Non alcoholic gin though...?
Yeah, really enjoyable. Proper gin glasses and as much effort put in as you would to an alcoholic gin cocktail. It’s all about making it an occasion. Also had non alcoholic Ghost Ship watching the match. As enjoyable as the alcoholic versions. Still haven’t found a decent non alcohol wine though unless it’s fizz.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's not what I read at all.
He posted

and received several replies, one of which from Guinness Boy was "good evening Mr Gooner", so Guinness Boy was the fire-starter.
The bloke's first two posts on here were to have a dig on this thread and to defend Aaron Ramsdale, so, yes, I'm pretty sure he's a Gooner.

Nevertheless, he is only banned from this thread and is free to post positive and interesting things on any other thread about the Albion. I await them with glee.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'll admit now, the only reason I have finally activated my account was someone calling Norwich fans entitled. Its time some of ours looked at themselves. I await Palace blah blah.
Interesting one this, no comment from you on the Norwich thread though…..unless under a different user name of course :moo:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

1DCA0844-DE79-4FFE-AD0E-8EAAF8EAD74D.jpeg

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Surely if its one or two people in your vicinity they get put in their place, which it sounds like happened. Why have a cry on here about it. If we had won then I doubt this thread would exist.
Hi, very long time viewer and refused to ever get involved in the Forum.
The part I struggle to understand is the last bit which seems pointless and a little too contrived as if trying too hard to convince us of his Albion credentials, why would you post that? And then him and Tommy two tits take every opportunity to try and derail the thread, strange behaviour.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The part I struggle to understand is the last bit which seems pointless and a little too contrived as if trying too hard to convince us of his Albion credentials, why would you post that? And then him and Tommy two tits take every opportunity to try and derail the thread, strange behaviour.
To be fair to Tommy, two tits is the correct number of tits.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The club need to make a clear and continual statement constantly getting the message across and acting on it - that no exceptions - any away supporters are ejected. I get that home fans may applaud good skills from opponents but outright cheering celebrating goals and ANY merchandise be it a tiny badge or more obvious away shirt results in ejection and prosecution. We have ground rules regulations of entry; impose them!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton as a second team and tourist supporters probably make up a significant percentage of Amex store customers, these days.
Probably a little more accurate.

I don't think we're quite there yet for 'destination fans', but if you want to find them, that's where to look.

el punal

Letting away fans in is a big no, perhaps Mr Barber should have his OBE rescinded?
So it’s a big no is it? How do you enforce it? I’m a season ticket holder in the West Upper, I couldn’t make the game yesterday so my seat went on the ticket exchange and was sold. Who to? I don’t know. Perhaps it was an Albion fan, a neutral, or a closet Arsenal fan - I really don’t care. If it was an Arsenal fan I hope he behaved himself.

With regard to your comment about letting away fans in (home sections) then think back to when we we played Villa away in the last fixture of our Championship season. There were loads of Brighton fans all over Villa Park. Try telling them that that was a big no - I somehow don’t think you’d get a friendly response.

P.S. My comments are based purely on tickets not required by Albion fans unable to make the game, rather than some greedy bugger selling their match ticket for profit - in which case they can burn in hell for all eternity.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So it’s a big no is it? How do you enforce it? I’m a season ticket holder in the West Upper, I couldn’t make the game yesterday so my seat went on the ticket exchange and was sold. Who to? I don’t know. Perhaps it was an Albion fan, a neutral, or a closet Arsenal fan - I really don’t care. If it was an Arsenal fan I hope he behaved himself.
Well we do know it sold to someone who at the very least is either a Season ticket holder or an Albion + member.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here