Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'arry's luv for the West Stand

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is the same Joey Barton who was constantly whinging at the ref and when trying to take a corner having put the ball outside the quadrant moaned at the linesman after the crowd and the linesman made him put it back within the legal confines ... whinging scouse **** who thinks he is above the law in both the game and society .

Make me smile when fans get wound up over corners, the whole of the ball must be outside the quadrant to be a problem which doesn't just mean the part touching the turf, bit like the amount of people who think the whoe of the ball crossed the line v Watford

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This is the same Joey Barton who was constantly whinging at the ref and when trying to take a corner having put the ball outside the quadrant moaned at the linesman after the crowd and the linesman made him put it back within the legal confines ... whinging scouse **** who thinks he is above the law in both the game and society .

I'm glad there were no players in an Albion shirt whining at the ref the whole game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the same Joey Barton who was constantly whinging at the ref and when trying to take a corner having put the ball outside the quadrant moaned at the linesman after the crowd and the linesman made him put it back within the legal confines ... .

Sorry, but there was nothing at all wrong with where he put the ball originally - there is no requirement for the ball to be IN the quadrant (or even on the line). That linesman was an officious cock, determined to have his little say.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought it highly amusing last night when at 0-0 Barton was sauntering over slowly and taking his time over corners, and free kicks etc, but suddenly started running around like a looney in the same situations when losing, even running to retrieve the ball for PIG to take a GK once.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yep. First time I've seen him live. Some of his dead ball deliveries/crosses were truly excellent - fast, flat trajectory and very dangerous. Great banter with the lino for the ball placement for a corner. Loved how he complained vociferously to the ref when he made him take the ball back to somewhere resembling the location of the foul, rather than the location that Joey really wanted to take it from, which was 15 yards away, with a much better angle; though I wouldn't have loved his efforts so much had the ref not spotted it! Was also really impressed how at the final whistle he gave Kaz a hug and shook hands in a proper (rather than desultory) way with many of our players and the officials. Quality player last night and great entertainment.

Agreed. He was entertaining. Panto villain.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Barton is one of those you love to hate. Without people like him football would be boring. I would never want him at my club but I do enjoy having him in English football.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Vicki Lank ‏@ThickBlueLine

Just rumbled Harry Redknapp as he attempted to sneak out of the Amex on a golf buggy #TwoNil #Triffic #bhafc pic.twitter.com/G90976zASz

BiezBZaIUAA8nDl.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Saw a piece in one of the tabloids yesterday,about an unnamed young loanee from a Premiership club, moaning about the rather old school manager ofthe club he is at for the rest of the season. It was along the lines of he doesn't actually coach, just stands watching, shouting, Move, Pass, or, occasionally,Shoot, and couldn't understand how he had been a favourite for the England job. No idea who the player or manager was though.

By the way, Ravel Morrison was good last night.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Saw a piece in one of the tabloids yesterday,about an unnamed young loanee from a Premiership club, moaning about the rather old school manager ofthe club he is at for the rest of the season. It was along the lines of he doesn't actually coach, just stands watching, shouting, Move, Pass, or, occasionally,Shoot, and couldn't understand how he had been a favourite for the England job. No idea who the player or manager was though.

By the way, Ravel Morrison was good last night.

Surprised he bothers to turn up to training actually. Would have thought more likely to be Keane than Morrison.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just watched 'arry on Player. I've always quite admired his 'honesty' in interviews... only in interviews, I might add. However, he was so bloody blue/white hooped myopic and didn't give Albion even a whiff of being in the match as well on the night. It was all QPR, so unlucky, had all the game... ad nauseum. OK we were on the backfoot most of the game but looked fairly secure, held out and won by TWO clear goals. Come on 'arry... a bit of even-handedness is well in order, innit!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Make me smile when fans get wound up over corners, the whole of the ball must be outside the quadrant to be a problem which doesn't just mean the part touching the turf, bit like the amount of people who think the whoe of the ball crossed the line v Watford

Soooo sooooo true!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
"Quite amusing" is an understatement. If there are any pictures of an elderly cockney spiv who resembles Bagpuss with a hangover pretending to sniff his armpits as a form of insult, I'm almost prepared to pay to see them.

no pictures of that, unfortunately, but here's exclusive footage of 'arry taunting Brighton fans with a gesture that i can only assume refers in some way to homosexuality:

tumblr_mlveycF6tX1rw3fs1o1_500.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here