Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arrogant?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Teams just havnt got a clue how to play us atm !

I think there is an element of that. At Peterborough their fans were getting iincredibly frustrated from the very first minute at what they saw as our "time-wasting" as Ankergren and the defence passed it around while their players seemed to have no real idea what to do.

I can understand the fans confusion having been largely bought up on a diet of get-it-forward-fastest, but was less impressed that their players and coaches seemed equally at a loss - our style of football is hardly a secret after all. Their "problem" of being unable to cope with us playing it from the back lead directly to Boyd being sent off IMO which was, frankly, silly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ha ha. RotR always WANTS us to do well.......his problem (like many of us) is believing that we are doing SO well.

waiting for the bubble to burst

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
possible 3 titles in ten years it aint been too bad matey:down:

I totally agree and like the "Possible 3 titles" line now is that being arrogant or over confident:laugh:

The point I'm trying to make is that the Albion have also been on the end of poor seasons, relegation and off the pitch rubbish. Let's just enjoy it, running my little shop in deepest darkest Hampshire I'm loving it and like to think being very arrogant :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So should Yeovil but they matched us for 20 mins and played some pretty good football. Gonna be interesting to see how we respond when we go a goal down and the opposition defend in depth hitting us on the break. Will we continue to have the patient build up or will we start resorting to hoofball as the minutes tick by?

We will remain patient, for as long as it takes. Were you at the Oldham game?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Football is full of examples of the team not expected to win taking all three points, so anytime we face a team that we should be destroying there will be that voice of worry in the back of some minds.

I also think for some people every game we win or draw is one game closer to the end of our undefeated streak. It won't last forever, we will lose again, eventually. When we do, I don't think it will be because of arrogance.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yeovil were meant to do that ! Teams just havnt got a clue how to play us atm !

I thought Yeovil's tactics were quite good at the start - their forwards were right on Greer and ElAbd and stopped the passing between them - forcing Casper to kick long. But after a couple of mins Kish just dropped back and collected, which allowed us to build even better. We're adaptable and the only way to stop us playing is to man-mark the entire team. Of course if that happened we'd have enough guile and pace to pull them out of position and send KLL or Bennet through the middle to rip them to shreds.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Bight on and Hovel Albion Perdiction Thred - exeweb.com forums
alot of them are thinking they will lose heavily but one intresting comment said

"Some of their fans are expecting us to park a bus in front of our goal. Should the right City team turn up, then we are more than capable of giving them an unpleasant surprise"

but thats there fans talking, will they come to defend? any thoughts?

The big surprise last time round being Dicker's volley. Yes - we will lose soon. Yes - it will probably be at Withdean. Honestly don't think it will be tomorrow though. A lot of confidence and desire building within the team; especially from the likes of Barnes.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the team has shown us enough in recent weeks for us to be genuinely confident and excited about each upcoming fixture. I don't think there is anything wrong in revelling in our current great form. It is very difficult to be downbeat when we are playing some of the best football I can recall seeing in years.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Negatives for Tuesday:

still over 500 tickets to sell, the family stand will be pretty well empty and the away end too so the usual Withdean atmosphere despite Saturday's endeavours.

Tisdale knows Gus and his "style" and will be setting his stall out to counter it. Pressing for the whole 90 minutes is a dangerous ploy so expect them to sit very deep and hit us on the break - something they have proved themselves to be more than capable of doing. Expect 5-3-2 with three centrebacks.

Danger men Ryan Harley and Adam Stansfield (12 goals between them) are having an outstanding start to the season and Jamie Cureton (4 goals) also still poses a threat.

In the league Exeter have 2 away wins (Hartlepool & Yeovil) and scored 3 goals on each occasion. They have 2 away wins in the cups also scoring 3 goals on each occasion.

Positives:

They failed to score in 3 away defeats at Bournemouth Orient and MKDons and only drew at lowly Dagenham

They will have very few fans present and come of the back of a bad home defeat

Albion will not be complacent - "We are Brighton and we play our own game"(Gus)

Barnes will be bouyant and fancy his chances. Murray and Bennett will be keen to make an impression on the scoresheet. LuaLua will be back.

Their GD is -5 away from home (ours at home is +7). We haven't conceded in the last three games and have only conceded twice in one match on one occasion (v Rochdale in August).

Prediction: 2-1

adam stansfield died earlier this year. don't know where you cut and pasted that nonsense from but it's extremely disrespectful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here