Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and Entitlement

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Most Pal*ce fans that come on here love to have an audience and stir up trouble ,so just ignore their posts ..they wont get a ban and we wont feed them .

They do get banned, if I could be arsed I would go into the banned section and count how many obvious Palace fans have been banned on a permanant basis, but I can't, what i can tell you it will most definatly be in excess of 75+

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hi all.

I'm a Burnley fan, and I felt compelled to register and talk about Stephen Ward in light of some silly comments ive read over time on here.

I noticed that many posters on this forum have been very uncomplimentary towards Ward & even Barnes, for their decision to choose Burnley over Brighton. My question is why?

Brighton now have a lovely fresh stadium. It is admittedly impressive, but no more so than any of the other recently erected new build stadia that we've seen in recent years.

This stadium, and the chance to play at it, seems to be the main reason why posters here think the aforementioned players should have chosen Brighton over Burnley.

Unfortunately, I'm here to tell you that there are quite a number of reasons why a player would choose Burnley over Brighton.

Firstly, Burnley are a club that has woven strands into the fabric of English football. We are a founding member, multiple title winning team that has spent the majority of it's existence in the upper echelons of the Football League.

Brighton can boast none of this, and has spent most of its existence scratching around in the lower leagues.

In recent history, Burnley have shown ambition, have spent more time challenging at the right end of the championship, have shown a real aptitude for bringing through and developing talent and have tasted the success that Brighton aspire to. We play bright, attacking football too.

Whereas Brighton, the nouveau rich, have spent plenty of money and consistently failed at the final hurdle. It's often been pointed out how cynical, dour, and downright dirty some of the football has been also.

Finally, Burnley may not have a shiny new stadium, but what it does have in Turf Moor, is a stadium steeped in history, dignity and respect.

It reflects badly on many of you that you are unable to weigh up such reasons before concluding that the likes of Ward & Barnes are idiots for choosing Burnley over you.

Enjoy your season.
Obviously a Palace wind up merchant, probably never even seen Burnley, he can read and write FFS!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, no I have not, but you can have a lend of my dictionary if you want :lol:

Be brilliant,thanks and could i have the version that come with pictures/sketches

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No your just not ready for that yet, but I will send you the book on how to use the space bar on a computer and mobile phone :) :lol:

Drat,well it was worth asking...cheers :thumbsup:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I used to quite like Burnley as a club until I read that.....now Burnley can **** off.

I really dont think this is indicative of most Burnley fans ,as they seemed a pretty good bunch when I went there ,and to be honest I think they ( Burnley fans) would be as embarrased by what he/she says in the name of Burnley FC ,as we are mythed about this so called fan coming on here spouting this garbage.
And to add a little ditty ,if I may for the op ,I like a lot of Albion fans were more than happy to see Burnley go up ,seeing as they had struggled for a long time and hadnt spent ridiculous amounts of money to reach the promised land and were a refreshing change as were ,and I hate to say it Palace when they went up.The majority of Brightons fans really would prefere to see the big boys get a bloody nose from the not so fashionable clubs ,and the money men and false directors who couldnt care less about football etc get driven out of football ...it aint gonna happen but we live in hope ,perhaps we may not have won many trophies and not have as much history as some ,but I am afraid dear op your lack of confidence in your team and your justification of your teams history is really contributing to a huge chip on your shoulder .Get well soon

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hello Mr *******.
Welcome and thank you for your thread.
Now that you have had time to read the replies and think about your OP do you want to reply again either staying with your original thoughts or realising that you may have been wrong and that players move for only two reasons, more money and the chance to play in the highest division albeit for 1 season only.
I completely understand that you are getting excited about your forthcoming season, so would i, but unless you can see the error of your ways i will be compelled to continue with my impression that the good folk of Burnley still have a mentallity of living in the 1970's in the same way that the people of Burnley seem to think that every Brighton fan is queer.
Come on mate, very silly thread.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Burnley are indeed a club with a fine history and Shaun Dyche masterminded a superb season last year. I am going to suggest none of this influenced Ward's decision but more money and Premier League football did.

If Palace fans dislike NSC so much, why come here?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would like to thank Burnley for James Anderson though, albeit a different sport.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Seems like this clog wearing tripe eater doesn't know much about our history before coming on our board. I don't think pointing out that Ward went to Burnely for more money & the chance of PL football, even if only for 1 season, is being arrogant.

Also, where is our sense of entitlement? I don't feel that at all, never have done. Look at our history when you are next on t'internet chuck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here