Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Armando Broja

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Very good player. Considering the sell on which would go to Caicedo's old team (20%?), getting at least one player in a swap deal makes a lot of sense. If they're definitely not moving on Colwill, £60m & Broja would be good business IMO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Kelleher would be a great signing from Liverpool. Straight transfer or a loan and buy option. Assuming Bobby is offski !
Absolutely not. Liverpool would have finished outside the top 7 if they’d had to rely on him for the season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that the emergence of Enciso, the acquisition of Joao Pedro and the upturn in form of Undav means another striker like Broja is not a priority.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Chelsea striker we have been linked for the last 3 windows, albeit not strongly.

However he is now strongly linked as a player of interest in the Caceido deal.

Chelsea have now triggered the €35m release clause of Villarreal striker Nicolas Jackson with the deal thought to be completed in the coming days.

It is reported he is a potential Broja replacement, Broja is highly rated by Chelsea and signed a new 6 year deal last season, before sustaining a long term injury.

It is also worth noting that Jackson and Caceido have the same agent.

Thoughts?
Jackson is the player that failed a medical at Bmuff in January, tinpot Chelsea going after plucky players 😀

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Watching Graeme Smith play one game in
goal for Brighton was also enough to make an accurate judgement.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I kind of agree if we are to be more successful we need a better quality of player for options. We had nothing on the bench against Utd in the semi and half killed Mitoma and co because we couldn’t change it enough.
There’s better out there. AMN is not good enough. Maybe 2 seasons ago, but we’re fishing in bigger ponds these days.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
My thoughts are that if Ferguson has another good season/even better season then next summer he’ll be gone.

Next summer will be big moves for strikers imo.

Real Madrid just lost Benzema, they’ve signed Bellingham this summer so next summer they may be in striker market.

Harry Kane’s contract expires next summer.

Man Utd literally don’t have a decent striker.

Mbappes PSG contract expires next summer.

Bayern won’t have a striker.

I think the club may be looking at Broja now to future proof the club for when Evan inevitably leaves, it will save us money in the long run not being in the striker market with 100m in our pockets.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Very good player. Considering the sell on which would go to Caicedo's old team (20%?), getting at least one player in a swap deal makes a lot of sense. If they're definitely not moving on Colwill, £60m & Broja would be good business IMO.
Swap players do not devalue the sell-on. They get given an assigned value which is used in the sell-on calculations. They have thought of that dodge.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What is it with this mythical swap deal situation? I genuinely can’t recollect any such deal in English football ???

Stumpy Tim

I agree that the emergence of Enciso, the acquisition of Joao Pedro and the upturn in form of Undav means another striker like Broja is not a priority.
Enciso isn't a striker, and Pedro will be one of the three behind the striker. Personally I think Broja (and Gallagher) make a lot of sense for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here