Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argyle - staff still not being paid

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I occasionally pop into PASOTI to find out what is going on with their administration.

As per usual it is absolutely nothing, the staff haven't had a full pay packet in eight months now. I can't believe how incompetent their Administrator seems to be.

The natives also don't seem to think that they're getting any national media attention regarding the situation. They'll need to get inventive if they want that... and a copy of Build a Bonfire.

I hope they twig soon that they need to do something drastic if they want more than just local support for their plight. I wish them all the best.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I do feel so sorry for their employees and their fans. They definitely need to read BaB. It's a right shabby old state. I agree with you Curious Orange, they need to do something more drastic sooner rather than later.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
who from there team can improve us im sure nooney can tempt them our way

Blimey, talk about kick them when they're down.

I really hope Argyle can pull through. It would be a terrible shame if they went tits up.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Same - has to be said at the moment I feel drawn to their plight and want to help in whichever way I can :)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I do hope they sort out the money situation of cource, but this isnt the 1st time they have had this problem, so tbh it isnt looking to good unless they can get a new investor ??

Yes, but that is the problem - there ARE potential investors other than the monkeys who currently inexplicably have exclusivity, but their hands are tied if Guilfoyle won't led them near the books. The whole situation stinks as far as I'm concerned.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, talk about kick them when they're down.

I really hope Argyle can pull through. It would be a terrible shame if they went tits up.

What a thoughtful contribution. You must be incredibly proud of yourself.

Bit harsh, isn't it? I know it wasn't put in the nicest way, and perhaps there was a tone of opportunism to it, but while there are murky dealings around buying the club, Plymouth need funds to survive. Buying players is one way we can help. It's what Leeds did with Beeney, it's what we did with Noone (and Charlton did with BWP), and it helped keep them alive to the end of the season. (If I'm remembering rightly it also helped them pay some tax bills). We, as a club, can't just give them money.

Do Plymouth have players we might want, and thus will be able to give them another chunk of cash to keep afloat?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bit harsh, isn't it? I know it wasn't put in the nicest way, and perhaps there was a tone of opportunism to it, but while there are murky dealings around buying the club, Plymouth need funds to survive. Buying players is one way we can help. It's what Leeds did with Beeney, it's what we did with Noone (and Charlton did with BWP), and it helped keep them alive to the end of the season. (If I'm remembering rightly it also helped them pay some tax bills). We, as a club, can't just give them money.

Do Plymouth have players we might want, and thus will be able to give them another chunk of cash to keep afloat?

No, it wasn't 'harsh' at all. I tell you what is fecking harsh though: immediately coming to the conclusion that taking advantage of a club that's on it's knees is wholeheartedly justified & acceptable. Maybe you should both pop over to the Plymouth forum & give 'em all the fillip they're craving for at the moment? I'm sure they will all be heartened by your generous suggestions. :rolleyes:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, it wasn't 'harsh' at all. I tell you what is fecking harsh though: immediately coming to the conclusion that taking advantage of a club that's on it's knees is wholeheartedly justified & acceptable. Maybe you should both pop over to the Plymouth forum & give 'em all the fillip they're craving for at the moment? I'm sure they will all be heartened by your generous suggestions. :rolleyes:

This has been going on for over a year, not exactly 'immediately coming to the conclusion'. I'm sorry you don't like it, but many clubs find selling players helps them survive. Would those plymouth fans prefer to lose a couple of players and bring in some money that keeps the club afloat, or would they rather cling to the players and go bust before they have a chance to get out of their mess because they don't want to be taken advantage of. I know what I'd prefer.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Hope everything works out for them. Hard to believe they were playing Newcastle in the Championship two years ago and how fortunes can change very quickly at a club.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This has been going on for over a year, not exactly 'immediately coming to the conclusion'. I'm sorry you don't like it, but many clubs find selling players helps them survive. Would those plymouth fans prefer to lose a couple of players and bring in some money that keeps the club afloat, or would they rather cling to the players and go bust before they have a chance to get out of their mess because they don't want to be taken advantage of. I know what I'd prefer.

So clubs look to sell their more valuable players when their up financial Shit Street? Get outta town!

Oh, & thanks for adopting a sympathetic tone to your highly informative piece. I honestly didn't find it in the least bit patronizing. :thumbsup:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
would it help them in anyway if we pick a home game for them when Brighton are away and all go down in mass and support them. Like the Fans United day? There is no way I want to see any club in this sort of mess.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As per usual it is absolutely nothing, the staff haven't had a full pay packet in eight months now. I can't believe how incompetent their Administrator seems to be.

The first priority the Administrator has is to secure the finances to guarantee his company gets paid. Secondly he will try and find a buyer. Paying staff and players wages comes a long way down the list.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So clubs look to sell their more valuable players when their up financial Shit Street? Get outta town!

Oh, & thanks for adopting a sympathetic tone to your highly informative piece. I honestly didn't find it in the least bit patronizing. :thumbsup:

If you're as aware of clubs selling players to get out of trouble as your sarcasm suggests, why are you so offended by the idea of looking to see who we could buy from them?

You're welcome. I'm glad you didn't find it patronising, because that wasn't my intention, I was writing it at work and didn't quite choose my words carefully enough. (Genuinely, I did not mean it to be patronising, and apologise that it came out that way).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here