Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Argy bargy with Palace fans yesterday commented on

Well she’s renowned for making dull, trite, middle of the road observations hence why she gets her invites on to those kind of current affairs shows

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting... so they march the scumbags along Frederick Place, do they then take them up through the tunnel straight onto the platform or march them up trafalgar St under the forecourt?

In Roland’s video you see that same crowd going through the gate at Brighton but they’ve not come from the front of the station but from the car park. Not sure of the exact route though. There is some sort of ramp up by the Green Door club under the station so maybe that? Or they get marched round and up the stairs to the taxi rank?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There was a proper old-skool punch-up outside Falmer station about 2.30. It wasn't just shouting and gestures. No old bill in sight.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Doubt the bint was ever a Morrissey fan either

"We may seem cold
Or we may even be the most depressing people you've ever known
At heart, what's left, we sadly know
That we are the last truly British people you've ever known
We are the last truly British people you will ever know
You'll ever, never, want to know"

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Never heard of her before but evidently she’s married to an ex pro.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well she’s renowned for making dull, trite, middle of the road observations hence why she gets her invites on to those kind of current affairs shows
If she wasn't mildly attractive and well spoken she'd never have 'made it'.

She's basically made a career by making herself wanking material for middle aged left wing/#FBPE men on twitter!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting... so they march the scumbags along Frederick Place, do they then take them up through the tunnel straight onto the platform or march them up trafalgar St under the forecourt?
It is. It’s not Falmer but the road leading down to Trafalgar Road from Queen’s Road just above North Road, Frederick Place. Probably to prevent the Palace fans causing trouble in Queen’s Road.

I like Marina Purkiss, but when people don’t like her opinion it’s easy to scream woke, thinking it is some sort of insult. :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
How did anyone manage to work “woke” into this? There have been curtain twitchers tut tutting at football crowds for the past 60 years, was your nan also “woke”
I used the term 'wokey cokey' (a phrase used by a gammon commentator on fb) to satirise the satirist. I am pretty 'woke' and regularly peruse the 'Rage Against the Gammon' fb page so I was also satirising how 'woke' is shoe-horned into any comment on twitter by characters with footy badges for profile pics.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
It's actually very good satire. The irony intended is that a lot of the hoikey cokey gammons champion British values and summarise their commitment to them by acting like animals.
I know, I regularly find amusing examples of self-defined 'patriots' who haven't mastered basic, written English on social media.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well if the police and or imaginary barriers weren’t there, I suspect 90% of those giving verbal’s and gestures wouldn’t have been either
There was a proper old-skool punch-up outside Falmer station about 2.30. It wasn't just shouting and gestures. No old bill in sight.
No. I suspect that what would have happened is what is described above.

I remember the days when the Old Bill weren't around. It was like The Purge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here