Argus today nameing so called brighton hooligans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

realbha

May 20, 2009
Your thoughts

Correct me if i am wrong

, none of these so called people "who obviously like fighting" have been convicted of any crime..., innocent until proven guilty.... Can you imagine your name and address being put into the media without being convicted of anything.. IF they are guilty they will be punished, if there not guilty they have already been punished by having there personal details spread across there community. I am all for being named and shamed after being found guilty of a crime, but this does not sit comfortably with me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We've already had one thread on this subject that degenerated and ended in a 7 day ban and the thread being deleted. Tread carefully.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Without knowing the context, it does seem a rather strange story for the argus to be printing at the moment?

realbha

May 20, 2009
Yes you might be right about the football side ,

Just I know a young lad who's names on the list who has nothing to do with the Albion or football matches and got badly attacked with a bottle on the day , and now classed as a hooligan , just for being in the wrong place in the wrong time! An can go to jail as it's classed as 'football violence' can smell a rat that's all before the opening of the Amex seems to fit in well the court date

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you're charged with an offence and are appearing in court, your name is on the public record for any old Mrs Miggins to look up if they want to: it's always happened :shrug:

You could pick up the Argus on any given day and find a couple of dozen names in court for one thing or another. It's nothing to do with it being football related. And I seriously doubt anyone will remember their names tomorrow either, unless they already know them. Or unless people kept talking about it....

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Anyone ITK will know that no one knows what happened unless they were there and ITK.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this happens with all newspapers for all court cases, unless an injuction prevents it. i'm surprised you haven't noticed this before.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
They could always take action against the Argus to clear their names. Could make a few bob. Quite unlikely.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They could always take action against the Argus to clear their names. Could make a few bob. Quite unlikely.

What exactly have the argus done that is wrong. They have merely published information that is legitemately in the public domain!

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I know one of the boys involved. I hope he doesn't get a custodial sentence, not for his own sake but more so for his family. I doubt they will be shown any leniency from what I have heard of the evidence and I think the severest possible punishment will be given. The Argus have exaggerated this story in saying 100 people were involved but unfortunately the truth won't ever get in the way of a good story where journalists are concerned. The bad press brings shame on their families but for some of the individuals it will be seen as something to be proud of. My advice to them is to hang up those white trainers, take your punishment on the chin and find something positive to do with your time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I know one of the boys involved. I hope he doesn't get a custodial sentence, not for his own sake but more so for his family. I doubt they will be shown any leniency from what I have heard of the evidence and I think the severest possible punishment will be given. The Argus have exaggerated this story in saying 100 people were involved but unfortunately the truth won't ever get in the way of a good story where journalists are concerned. The bad press brings shame on their families but for some of the individuals it will be seen as something to be proud of. My advice to them is to hang up those white trainers, take your punishment on the chin and find something positive to do with your time.

If a custodial sentence fits the crime then the inconvenience to his family shouldn't enter into it. From what you say about evidence it would suggest there is no case to answer so surely doesn't deserve any sympathy. And let's be honest, it's not the bad press that brings shame to his family, it was his actions. Let's hope that they take your good advice in your final sentence however, I wouldn't expect anyone to hold their breath!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports