Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Q & A - ignoring certain questions

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Andy Naylor is currently doing his usual Tuesday Q & A session. Unsurprisingly the Argus has ignored two questions by me regarding their shameful headline last week. Anyone else experienced the same wall of silence?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It was the News Desk that ran the story, not the Sports Desk. Naylor was never going to take questions on the subject, and why would he?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes, three on that and two on better transfer questions than the ones posted such as frigging Boyd (using my namesake as well) and Kitson being brought up. I forgot, but this is the reason why I stopped going on that shitty Q&A

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The Q&A forum is football related. Your questions are clearly not. If you have a beef about the headlines then write to the Editor instead of talking to a sports journalist.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Naylor has caught some unecessary slack because of <mod edit: recent allegations and arrests>. I feel sorry for the bloke, he does his best.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
the first thing he said when he said he was doing a Q&A today was FOOTBALL RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY

Seems to me the Argus can give it but can't take it.

If some people choose to ignore what they printed then fine. Personally I think someone at the Argus should answer any polite & sensible questions raised.

I agree that Andy Naylor probably isn't the best person to ask but, hey, I tried.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If some people choose to ignore what they printed then fine. Personally I think someone at the Argus should answer any polite & sensible questions raised.

I agree that Andy Naylor probably isn't the best person to ask but, hey, I tried.

This is a bit like criticising Gus Poyet for any transport issues at the Amex.

"Well, he works for the Albion, doesn't he?"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His excuses for the Owen and Kitson non-stories were pathetic - the Argus stance on not reporting unfounded rumours has flown right out of the window. Classic paper in decline - I give it 12 months before the Argus becomes a single paper published in and with news about southampton with an insert of local Brighton news - 2 to pages if you are lucky.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I agree... with all that...It's ok when the Argus want to tarnish the reputation of some young lads, but it's not ok to question them? Sounds slightly hypocritical if you ask me.

Naylor is an employee of the Argus and is Sports Editor and so it's probable that he would have been fully aware that the story last week was going to print Regardless of whether this was his story, he is still arepresentative of said newspaper and so it's possible that he would have been consulted prior to the story going to print.

The Argus in general cannot have their cake & eat it...If they're happy to have a website running with allegations regarding an employee of a company plastered all over their news pages, then they should not be surprised if, on the same website, they receive direct questions regarding the allegations when they are specifically inviting questions regarding that company, or in this case BHA FC.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree... with all that...It's ok when the Argus want to tarnish the reputation of some young lads, but it's not ok to question them? Sounds slightly hypocritical if you ask me.

Naylor is an employee of the Argus and is Sports Editor and so it's probable that he would have been fully aware that the story last week was going to print Regardless of whether this was his story, he is still arepresentative of said newspaper and so it's possible that he would have been consulted prior to the story going to print.

The Argus in general cannot have their cake & eat it...If they're happy to have a website running with allegations regarding an employee of a company plastered all over their news pages, then they should not be surprised if, on the same website, they receive direct questions regarding the allegations when they are specifically inviting questions regarding that company, or in this case BHA FC.

Chris Giles is the Sports Editor, not Andy Naylor.

You're still missing the point. Along the same lines, why not question Richard Hebberd or Ken Barnard about Gus' tactics whenever Brighton lose then?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This is a bit like criticising Gus Poyet for any transport issues at the Amex.

"Well, he works for the Albion, doesn't he?"

Are you saying I was wrong to abuse the mobile lager seller for Paynter's performances?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
You're getting this the wrong way round.

It was a NEWS story about Albion football players; the actual news story being unrelated to sport.

Don't want to argue about this. I think that news about football players is related to sport ... 'football' being the key word. Just my opinion though.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Chris Giles is the Sports Editor, not Andy Naylor.

You're still missing the point. Along the same lines, why not question Richard Hebberd or Ken Barnard about Gus' tactics whenever Brighton lose then?

I'm sorry but Andy Naylor(don't care whether he's Sports Editor or tea boy for the Sports Editor) would be more likely to have known about the newspaper going to print last Friday regarding the allegations than Richard Hebbard & Ken Barnard would be regarding tactical matters for Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here