Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus on Iwelumo

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Argus today: "Chris Iwelumo was absent again from pre-season training yesterday, heightening fears he will sign for Doncaster or Wimbledon instead."

"Heightening fears" :ohmy: More like "raising hopes" surely. The sooner Iwelumo pisses off, the better.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This is Andy Naylor your talking about. Gets his stories from here, then puts his own (sly stoke) twist onto it. Worst sports writer the argus have ever had.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
buiscuit has got it spot on! the sooner they get rid of him the better!!! thats naylor not big chris

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why as everyone got such a bad opinion of him?? It really doesn't make sense, without him we wouldn't have got promoted. I'm not saying we should sign him up because of that but please show some f***ing respect for someone who has done a great deal for the club, including winning the penalty that won us the play off final.

f*** SAKE.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think he did well last year champman however, there is some better players out there. If he signed i would have hoped he would be 3rd choice

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Biscuit said:
here we go again...

Did you really think Robbie Reinalt was a decent player?

I didn't but I wasn't asking him to politely f*** off after he'd scored THAT goal.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
im wouldn't get on iwelumo's back in fact been sticking up for him most of the summer cos he definatly played his part in getting us into the championship but feel that if he did leave it would probably be a blessing in disguise cos don't think he's good enough in the championship

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
With respect, why would he want to play Ryman League football with Wimbledon anyway?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
saltash seagull said:
im wouldn't get on iwelumo's back in fact been sticking up for him most of the summer cos he definatly played his part in getting us into the championship but feel that if he did leave it would probably be a blessing in disguise cos don't think he's good enough in the championship

According to most on here neither are most of the squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good for him that he has such confidence in his ability that he is able to not bother turning up at a club where he's been offered (allegedly) a two year deal.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
kinkygerbil said:
I think he did well last year champman however, there is some better players out there. If he signed i would have hoped he would be 3rd choice

Yes your right, there are plenty of better players out there but I don't see them queing up to sign for us at the moment. What is clear is that good quality Div 1 strikers are not coming here unless they want to play at the worst ground in Div 1 earning the lowest wages.

Iwelumo for his faults could be as good as we can get and given that Knight is suspended & McPhee Injured, we really could do with him signing up.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hannibal smith said:
Yes your right, there are plenty of better players out there but I don't see them queing up to sign for us at the moment. What is clear is that good quality Div 1 strikers are not coming here unless they want to play at the worst ground in Div 1 earning the lowest wages.

Iwelumo for his faults could be as good as we can get and given that Knight is suspended & McPhee Injured, we really could do with him signing up.

I find myself agreeing with that unfortunately.

Lumo and Jakey to tear Reading apart in the first game :jester:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Do you think it could be something to do with location? If he lives near to Stoke maybe MK or Donny offer better prospects for commuting?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought we should offer Iwelumo a contract at the end of last season but if he does not turn up for training without informing McGhee then I agree we should let him go. However, there are not many good quality free transfers about, especially strikers, so we need to ensure we get the right man. The problem is all other clubs are saying the same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here