Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As I posted on deadline day, Obika was the one I'd heard we have lined up. I'd rather have Kane though.

Interesting.

Which would be happier to be effectively second fiddle to Ulloa? We have to be realistic - we have one of the best all-round strikers in this Division, so anyone coming in would need to be at a level where he's not expecting to start / play every minute of every game, so the likes of Guidetti/Becchio is a non starter.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Obika did ok at Charlton last season. He is also quite pacey so gives us something different upfront. It was never going to be a big name as they will be playing second fiddle to Ulloa so I'm happy enough with Obika.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If it's Kane then surely we should get together some of the lyrics from Big Daddy Kane's "Wrath of Kane". Maybe a scratch-up with "My name is El-Abdy, here to bring trouble to." segment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it's Kane then surely we should get together some of the lyrics from Big Daddy Kane's "Wrath of Kane". Maybe a scratch-up with "My name is El-Abdy, here to bring trouble to." segment.

I want Rudy Gestede from Cardiff, so we can come up with something based on 'Yesterday' by the Beatles.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Obika did ok at Charlton last season. He is also quite pacey so gives us something different upfront. It was never going to be a big name as they will be playing second fiddle to Ulloa so I'm happy enough with Obika.

How pacy is quite pacy? Enough to worry defences about balls over the top?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports