Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't park there any more, and haven't for a while....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
So here's the thing. Shift work and being in Woking mean that I am an occasional visitor. My next game is going to be the Ipswich match. I'm off nights that day, which means I need to get home and have a catnap before I head down. What other option do I realistically have? I'm coming down with a mate. Assuming I set off at midday, I can get there by rail but it's going to amount to the better part of £50 for the pair of us versus about £20 tops for petrol. If park and ride was an option then that would be me sorted but if they're selling vouchers in packs of 28 which are only good for this season then I am chucking good money away.

Ergo...I park in Coldean. Legally, yes but Coldean it is. There's not a lot else out there. Lewes at a push but what a faff!

Answers on a postcard...or better still a reply to keep the thread rolling along.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
So here's the thing. Shift work and being in Woking mean that I am an occasional visitor. My next game is going to be the Ipswich match. I'm off nights that day, which means I need to get home and have a catnap before I head down. What other option do I realistically have? I'm coming down with a mate. Assuming I set off at midday, I can get there by rail but it's going to amount to the better part of £50 for the pair of us versus about £20 tops for petrol. If park and ride was an option then that would be me sorted but if they're selling vouchers in packs of 28 which are only good for this season then I am chucking good money away.

Ergo...I park in Coldean. Legally, yes but Coldean it is. There's not a lot else out there. Lewes at a push but what a faff!

Answers on a postcard...or better still a reply to keep the thread rolling along.

Keep doing what you're doing I say, it's the lazy bastards who out of lazyness, choose to park in Coldean when they have decent access to the clubs favourable options which does my nut.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

P&R can be bought on a match by match basis I assume .. away fans can do it. May avoid any agg in future

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
P&R can be bought on a match by match basis I assume .. away fans can do it. May avoid any agg in future

I went on the club site immediately before posting my message last night to make sure I was saying the right thing and it seemed to say that vouchers were only in a book of 28. If P&R can be done on a match by match basis then I'm in! Does anybody know if they can and I was simply looking in the wrong part of the site?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I went on the club site immediately before posting my message last night to make sure I was saying the right thing and it seemed to say that vouchers were only in a book of 28. If P&R can be done on a match by match basis then I'm in! Does anybody know if they can and I was simply looking in the wrong part of the site?

try seagullsdirect.co.uk, I have seen them on there.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Keep doing what you're doing I say, it's the lazy bastards who out of lazyness, choose to park in Coldean when they have decent access to the clubs favourable options which does my nut.

Lazy? It's a 25 minute brisk walk from where I leave my motor in Coldean

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Looks like they are clamping down now a bit.

Twitter about 22:30 6/2/12 :-

@Suspolfootball
Darren Balkham
26 tickets issued in Coldean and Moulsecoomb area during #bhafc v #Lcfc match. Season voucher P & R £30. same price those paid for 1 game.

If Darren reads this: Out of the 26 tickets dished out, how many vehicles had PNC's that were local to Coldean & Moulscombe? I'd be curious to know as I'm sure would others. Wouldn't be be ironic if Michael Inkspot Whateverhisnameis was given a ticket? :lol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If Darren reads this: Out of the 26 tickets dished out, how many vehicles had PNC's that were local to Coldean & Moulscombe? I'd be curious to know as I'm sure would others. Wouldn't be be ironic if Michael Inkspot Whateverhisnameis was given a ticket? :lol:

This would be interesting given that many on here have stated that the parking in Coldean was a) legal and b) no worse than what was happening already.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This would be interesting given that many on here have stated that the parking in Coldean was a) legal and b) no worse than what was happening already.

I don't think anyone said parking in Coldean was legal. What people have said is that there are no resident-only zones but obviously legal restrictions apply. I saw several wardens ticket cars who were parked on double yellows a few weeks ago and there are police no parking cones all over the place - I imagine anyone ignoring those would get a ticket sharpish.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I don't think anyone said parking in Coldean was legal. What people have said is that there are no resident-only zones but obviously legal restrictions apply. I saw several wardens ticket cars who were parked on double yellows a few weeks ago and there are police no parking cones all over the place - I imagine anyone ignoring those would get a ticket sharpish.

Yes, if it can be proved that the car was parked there AFTER the cone was put out.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
'In fact, whenever there is a football match or other bigger events at the Amex, every single road in Coldean is filled with vehicles – parked on pedestrian walkways, blocking drives, blocking views in junctions, blocking ways for emergency vehicles like ambulances or fire brigade.'

The wedding fayre could hardly be called a big event. Other than football, there's been nothing. And I've walked from the amex a few times, I've not really seen any roads so congested that emergency vehicles can't go through. Exaggerated bullshit because someone felt like having a moan. They could provide visual evidence of said congestion, but they won't; because there is none.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have parked in Coldean twice this season after driving from the midlands - both times perfectly legally taking care, as when parking anywhere, not to obstruct access, paths, walkways etc. or to park within 15 feet of a corner. On both occassions I saw a very few people parked questionably close to a corner or partly blocking access to houses and tbh, if they got ticket, fair enough. The vast, vast majority were perfectly legally parked though and no-one can have any legitimate complaint.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Looks like they are clamping down now a bit.

Twitter about 22:30 6/2/12 :-

@Suspolfootball
Darren Balkham
26 tickets issued in Coldean and Moulsecoomb area during #bhafc v #Lcfc match. Season voucher P & R £30. same price those paid for 1 game.

Parking tickets only £30 a go? May be a cheaper option for me than parking in the Uni then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here