Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm very chilled, but thanks for the concern.

And thanks for avoiding the awkward questions which, again, embarrass your fag-packet 'suits me sir' approach. It says it all.

And you've just proved my point with your question. As I said - most people will not be able to prove they have travel already paid for, for the duration of an entire football season. 3/4 of annual rail season tickets will expire during the season.

And I can prove it mine expires 31/12/2015 so case closed as I have said the club need to let people state their case and provide proof and if hey can should get an exemption.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In fact, given Amex season ticket renewals (or non-cancels given the DD payments used by most) will occur months before the season kicks-off, it is likely that literally NO-ONE will have a rail ticket that covers the duration of the football season at that time.

Really ? See what I just posted

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And I can prove it mine expires 31/12/2015 so case closed as I have said the club need to let people state their case and provide proof and if hey can should get an exemption.

And you're well aware that you are the exception not the rule.

Most people pay for their travel. And do so on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.

In fact, given Amex season ticket renewals (or non-cancels given the DD payments used by most) will occur months before the season kicks-off, it is likely that literally NO-ONE will have a rail ticket that covers the duration of the football season at that time.
... except former employees of British Rail.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And you're well aware that you are the exception not the rule.

Most people pay for their travel. And do so on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.

Yes I know, I pay as well if you look at my other posts.

2 Mods v me, will it happen

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

Ahhh! I've got it now! So what you've spent the last seven hours saying is that out of a crowd of 30,000 supporters 29,999 can have the price of travel included in their ticket effectively giving them free travel for the season and 00,001 can have a £30 discount - you!:nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Actually you only pay for 40% of it - the remaining 60% you don't actually pay for!

Jesus so what, I still pay which is the point and have paid upto 31/12/2015

The point is about paying twice for something not subsidising however you are now changing tack

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ahhh! I've got it now! So what you've spent the last seven hours saying is that out of a crowd of 30,000 supporters 29,999 can have the price of travel included in their ticket effectively giving them free travel for the season and 00,001 can have a £30 discount - you!:nono:

Dear oh dear, plus numerous other Rail Employees, free bus pass holders, cyclists and walkers - not just about me you fool

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
Jesus so what, I still pay which is the point and have paid upto 31/12/2015

The point is about paying twice for something not subsidising however you are now changing tack

You haven't actually paid for now have you? The benefit in kind goes on to your P11D which then gets charged from the following tax year. So in effect the rail pass you are using at this very minute won't actually start being paid for until around 5th April 2012 and then split over the next 52 weeks until March 2013.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You pay your tax 4 (four) years in advance? Really? Really?!?

No I don't it is taxed each year - see what LB posted, he understands what I am saying quite a lot better than you.

Clearly he is more level headed and does not see the red mist (well perhaps the red mist of labour but you get the drift)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You haven't actually paid for now have you? The benefit in kind goes on to your P11D which then gets charged from the following tax year. So in effect the rail pass you are using at this very minute won't actually start being paid for until around 5th April 2012 and then split over the next 52 weeks until March 2013.

So what. It make no difference as if I was made redundant I still keep it.

Another heroic decoy that has failed.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
Dear oh dear, plus numerous other Rail Employees, free bus pass holders, cyclists and walkers - not just about me you fool

Yes it was, you are the ONLY supporter likley to be able to prove he has a valid rail pass for the whole of the following season! Your rules not mine - re-read one of your recent threads that Bozza has already shot-down!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes it was, you are the ONLY supporter likley to be able to prove he has a valid rail pass for the whole of the following season! Your rules not mine - re-read one of your recent threads that Bozza has already shot-down!

Total crap, if you read what I have said it will piss off quite a lot of fans - SR employees, ex BR employees, free bus pass holders, walkers and cyclists but fear not as you continue to ignore this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You stated that you had paid for it, then accepted that you hadn't paid for all of it, and now accept that you haven't paid for that bit yet either - so in summary you haven't paid for it!

For the love of christ, OK I haven't paid the tax which is deducted annually but the expiry date remains the same - really splitting hairs and totally irrelevant

Anyway I can't pay in advance as the tax people do not allow it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, in summary, Scrooge McScrooge doesn't want to pay for travel as he's got a tasty near-freebie stuffed in his back pocket, and he's not afraid to use it.

Nearly everyone else seems to accept that, regardless of personal circumstances, a mandatory travel voucher supplement is the common sense approach to ticketing from next season onwards.

Can we get back to Coldean parking now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, in summary, Scrooge McScrooge doesn't want to pay for travel as he's got a tasty near-freebie stuffed in his back pocket, and he's not afraid to use it.

Nearly everyone else seems to accept that, regardless of personal circumstances, a mandatory travel voucher supplement is the common sense approach to ticketing from next season onwards.

Can we get back to Coldean parking now?

Nice back tracking, so I am right - think that is a complement

PS Not afraid to use it sits with quite a lot of ex BR employees, you should join us all on away days in 1st class as quite a few of us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nice back tracking, so I am right - think that is a complement

Not at all, no. I still think you're the same narrow-minded little man that I did before this debate commenced.

You can find me tomorrow if you want to continue this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here