Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You cannot read can you, on the grounds of being forced to pay for something I have already paid for.............

Got it yet ?

We've all read you've not paid for any train travel at all.

You can't even think about paying twice until you've paid once.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
NSC Cupid Stunt of the year, collect your award

Wondering how many of these awards you have won with 46,743 posts, they must have let you keep the trophey judging by the shit you have come out with in your last 20/30 postings.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You cannot read can you, on the grounds of being forced to pay for something I have already paid for.............

Got it yet ?

FFS - you can't take the club to court for adding £30 ( or whatever amount ) to a season ticket for travel just because your employer provides you travel ! Good grief - how do you get on in life ?

Feb 14, 2010
Depends whether or not you drive further to get to coldean. Or the.impact of those vehicles in a residential area. Or perhaps that you are mixing up two arguments. One about impact to residents and one about sustainability and therefore missing the point.

No mixing of arguments. If you are honest then you know that people who drive live out of Brighton (London myself). If I and others use the most popular form of transport (car) and drive to Coldean then WALK to the ground then that is more "green" or "sustainable" than driving to a car park in Brighton, being herded onto a bus and then DRIVEN to the ground. Not to mention the hour it puts on the journey.
The second point you make is covered by residents of Coldean on here. There is no problem, they have a house and there is a public road outside their house. Cars are parked on the road. No problem so clip board council warriors can please stop creating a problem or they might just receive the same short shrift that Westminster Council received. Oh and can they please get rid of those absurd no parking rules the other side of the Lewes Road please so more people can park.
Ta.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We've all read you've not paid for any train travel at all.

You can't even think about paying twice until you've paid once.

I honestly thought you of all people would see and read the fact I have paid for it as a taxable benefit in kind so that does mean I have.

Still I suppose you see what you want to

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wondering how many of these awards you have won with 46,743 posts, they must have let you keep the trophey judging by the shit you have come out with in your last 20/30 postings.

It is only shit to you and those in the infamy gang as usual, I expect a threatened ban cannot be far away like last time.

When ever anyone disagrees with the club there is a serious issue with the lickers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS - you can't take the club to court for adding £30 ( or whatever amount ) to a season ticket for travel just because your employer provides you travel ! Good grief - how do you get on in life ?

Anyone can if they are charged twice for something, trust me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm in the same position as Beach Hut, insofar as a Travel Voucher is of no value to me - since I travel by train from east of Lewes and it is cheaper to pay the fare to Falmer than it would be to pay the fare to Lewes AND use a Travel Voucher between Lewes and Falmer.

But I differ from him in two respects. Firstly, I pay for my matchday travel. And, secondly, I'm happy to see a surcharge levied on my season ticket to assist the Club expand the stadium and achieve a better transport system for the majority.

Finally one of the few people who at least understands the point of the dispute.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully this argument will become totally pointless with the introduction of an oyster-style system.

Southern Railway has already done this with a current trial between Eastbourne and Brighton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone can if they are charged twice for something, trust me

Errr ... the club aren't charging you twice. Care to provide the legal grounds for your challenge or are you just full of bullshit ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Errr ... the club aren't charging you twice. Care to provide the legal grounds for your challenge or are you just full of bullshit ?

Why the f*** would I want to tell you anything as all you have done is have a go.

Fool

And correct, they are not yet charging me twice but the will be making me pay for something I already have

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For the benefit of quite a few who totally missed the point please be very clear.

Those that have seen an agenda for subsidising were totally wrong from the outset, the issue is simply about being charged twice for something which is wrong be it you have a free bus pass etc.

I see several peoples grasp of tax is totally wrong as well now.

It is simply a question of the unfairness of paying for something twice, however as is often with NSC personal agendas come into play that are miles off course.

Oh and just had a very pleasant meal out whilst this happened.

If life was fair there would be no poverty, no disabled people and we'd all have spent the last 40 years getting paid far beyond our intellect at a (ex)state owned company.

Life isn't fair, stop bleating about it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If life was fair there would be no poverty, no disabled people and we'd all have spent the last 40 years getting paid far beyond our intellect at a (ex)state owned company.

Life isn't fair, stop bleating about it.

It isn't an ex state owned company - ever heard of integration.

There would still be poverty as quite often that is caused by the government concerned - see North Korea

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have a padded seat at the Amex but I don't sit in it much i'm really angry that I'm paying for it for the 75-85 minutes a game when I stand. I think I should get a refund as I also have a padded seat at home which I have also paid for. Isn't life crazy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On this thread you have one opinion while everyone else has a different opinion; I tend to think the vast majority has the correct opinion here.

Not really just keyboard mob mentality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here