Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So you are paying 40% tax on a benefit in actual value of around £3,000 and you therefore earn in excess of circa £50,000 per annum and you are moaning about £30 per year! God help us!

You only need to earn 28k to start paying at 40% rate

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A simple question- how many other clubs cHarge their supporters for walking to matches?

None - I suspect. Nor would Brighton & Hove Albion be. They would be charging people to contribute to the running costs of a system which they are obliged to run; unless you're happy for the club to be down to the tune of anywhere north of £500,000 pa.

Incidentally Beachy - all your meaningless, faux-outrage guff, and you don't even pay for it. You airhead.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
A simple question- how many other clubs cHarge their supporters for walking to matches?

Probably all those who provide a travel subsidy of some sort, or lay on additional buses, or ask local rail companies to provide additional trains after the match, or have to provide a local parking zone, or who pay for stewards to prevent people entering private streets in cars, or pay for additional staff to man tube stations for crowd control - so in summary quite a lot of clubs probably charge this to supporters who walk to the match . . . and this is the only forum I've seen supporters moan about it!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I travel from Hailsham by taxi to Polegate, train from Polegate to Falmer return, then taxi back to Hailsham, admittedly four sharing.
We dont buy the travel vouchers, but each game costs us about £7-50 plus taxi tips.
You are lucky that it costs you Nothing to watch our team, over approx 26 games it will cost me £221 just in travel, but I will happily pay another £30/season to help my club fill their ground and make the stadium look complete, and hopefully take them to the Premiership.
You are coming over as a complete WANKER with your stupid head up your arse stand about £30 a year extra.
God only knows how you managed to make 46,700 posts on here, you must have skin like a rhino

Right - so all your 'paying twice' stuff is complete and utter bollocks. You've not paid once and you don't want to pay at all.

You, sir, are a disgrace.
I'm in the same position as Beach Hut, insofar as a Travel Voucher is of no value to me - since I travel by train from east of Lewes and it is cheaper to pay the fare to Falmer than it would be to pay the fare to Lewes AND use a Travel Voucher between Lewes and Falmer.

But I differ from him in two respects. Firstly, I pay for my matchday travel. And, secondly, I'm happy to see a surcharge levied on my season ticket to assist the Club expand the stadium and achieve a better transport system for the majority.

DanielT

I travel from Hailsham by taxi to Polegate, train from Polegate to Falmer return, then taxi back to Hailsham, admittedly four sharing.
We dont buy the travel vouchers, but each game costs us about £7-50 plus taxi tips.
You are lucky that it costs you Nothing to watch our team, over approx 26 games it will cost me £221 just in travel, but I will happily pay another £30/season to help my club fill their ground and make the stadium look complete, and hopefully take them to the Premiership.
You are coming over as a complete WANKER with your stupid head up your arse stand about £30 a year extra.
God only knows how you managed to make 46,700 posts on here, you must have skin like a rhino

and the winner of the "you don't mince your words, do you?!" award 2011 is...

I'm in the same position as Beach Hut, insofar as a Travel Voucher is of no value to me - since I travel by train from east of Lewes and it is cheaper to pay the fare to Falmer than it would be to pay the fare to Lewes AND use a Travel Voucher between Lewes and Falmer.

But I differ from him in two respects. Firstly, I pay for my matchday travel. And, secondly, I'm happy to see a surcharge levied on my season ticket to assist the Club expand the stadium and achieve a better transport system for the majority.

I'm in a similar position in as much as I have a season ticket which covers me to get to and from Falmer, however I'm not certain to use the train every time, and I'm not convinced anyone will use the same method of transport every time they visit the stadium. I've used the park and ride a couple of times (with vouchers) but I've also jumped on a P&R bus to get a lift back from a mate that has driven in. I know I'm not the only one to do this. I'd be happy if travel was included as at least then I have options.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For the benefit of quite a few who totally missed the point please be very clear.

Those that have seen an agenda for subsidising were totally wrong from the outset, the issue is simply about being charged twice for something which is wrong be it you have a free bus pass etc.

I see several peoples grasp of tax is totally wrong as well now.

It is simply a question of the unfairness of paying for something twice, however as is often with NSC personal agendas come into play that are miles off course.

Oh and just had a very pleasant meal out whilst this happened.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
None - I suspect. Nor would Brighton & Hove Albion be. They would be charging people to contribute to the running costs of a system which they are obliged to run; unless you're happy for the club to be down to the tune of anywhere north of £500,000 pa.

Incidentally Beachy - all your meaningless, faux-outrage guff, and you don't even pay for it. You airhead.

Priceless tool, I do if you can read

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

NSC Cupid Stunt of the year, collect your award

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You've been found out BH. And you're not making total sense here. My advice is to turn the computer off, sit down, take a deep breath and think to yourself tomorrow is a new day.

I really don't think so, you lot just gang up and miss the point - normal NSC behaviour

Feb 14, 2010
Had no answer yet, so will ask again and maybe someone might have the answer.. how is driving to a car park, being then herded onto a bus to then be DRIVEN to the ground more "sustainable" or "green" than driving to Coldean and WALKING to the ground?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Finally you stick the knife in, very good as well.

Why should just those that walk and cycle be exempt if others can prove they have paid for something once already ?

Perhaps the answer is to claim I cycle then

Now if I was sticking the knife in I would have called you a disgrace, a weasel, a hypocrite or an ahead. But I'm not going to.

If you want to claim you will cycle there is a simple way to do this and that is to..... urm..... cycle! And when you hand over your voucher at the bike park and maybe get a free pie or programme perhaps then you can be assured that you've paid for something that you didn't already have. Unless of course you claim you don't need food as you have a subsidised staff canteen or you don't need reading material as you have a work blackberry and can read the internet on it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For the benefit of quite a few who totally missed the point please be very clear.

Those that have seen an agenda for subsidising were totally wrong from the outset, the issue is simply about being charged twice for something which is wrong be it you have a free bus pass etc.

I see several peoples grasp of tax is totally wrong as well now.

It is simply a question of the unfairness of paying for something twice, however as is often with NSC personal agendas come into play that are miles off course.

Oh and just had a very pleasant meal out whilst this happened.

You seem to have forgotten that this binfest started because you said you would sue the club if this sort of thing came in. YOU have yet to state exactly what grounds you would sue the club on ? I would suggest you are the one that's missed the point and indeed has little grasp of small claims court.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Had no answer yet, so will ask again and maybe someone might have the answer.. how is driving to a car park, being then herded onto a bus to then be DRIVEN to the ground more "sustainable" or "green" than driving to Coldean and WALKING to the ground?

Depends whether or not you drive further to get to coldean. Or the.impact of those vehicles in a residential area. Or perhaps that you are mixing up two arguments. One about impact to residents and one about sustainability and therefore missing the point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now if I was sticking the knife in I would have called you a disgrace, a weasel, a hypocrite or an ahead. But I'm not going to.

If you want to claim you will cycle there is a simple way to do this and that is to..... urm..... cycle! And when you hand over your voucher at the bike park and maybe get a free pie or programme perhaps then you can be assured that you've paid for something that you didn't already have. Unless of course you claim you don't need food as you have a subsidised staff canteen or you don't need reading material as you have a work blackberry and can read the internet on it.

I give up with you, thought there might be some sense at last but no, hey ho

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You seem to have forgotten that this binfest started because you said you would sue the club if this sort of thing came in. YOU have yet to state exactly what grounds you would sue the club on ? I would suggest you are the one that's missed the point and indeed has little grasp of small claims court.

You cannot read can you, on the grounds of being forced to pay for something I have already paid for.............

Got it yet ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here