Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
May I suggest you feel it is totally different because it suits you?

It isn't though is it, that is based on a pricing model - being asked to pay for something you don't need or have paid for already is totally different

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
That point is entirely something Southern Railway should enforce better which I have mentioned before but as they cop out of this and don't bother everyone will have to pay whether they like it or not.

There is no benefit to Southern to check the vouchers as they get a set fee from the club for providing the transport - are you sure you are following this as this was explained earlier in the thread.

Simply the idea of a travel voucher scheme was good but in practice it is unworkable because so many chose to ignore it and "steal" from the club.

Therefore the club simply has no alternative to go back to how it was done at Withdean.

My hunch is that - just to annoy you personally - they will announce free public transport and park and ride to ALL supporters and raise everybody's ticket cost to subsidise it.

Bang goes your court case!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is no benefit to Southern to check the vouchers as they get a set fee from the club for providing the transport - are you sure you are following this as this was explained earlier in the thread.

Simply the idea of a travel voucher scheme was good but in practice it is unworkable because so many chose to ignore it and "steal" from the club.

Therefore the club simply has no alternative to go back to how it was done at Withdean.

My hunch is that - just to annoy you personally - they will announce free public transport and park and ride to ALL supporters and raise everybody's ticket cost to subsidise it.

Bang goes your court case!

Which will delight all the cyclists and walkers no doubt

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
does that mean other rail passengers are subsidising your rail pass?

No it doesn't, my company pays for it as it is a perk as was when British Rail but it is classed as a benefit in kind and taxable due to the fact that my company doesn't run trains.

How ATOC and Network Rail convinced the tax people they do run trains therefore pay no benefit in kind is beyond me totally.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It isn't though is it, that is based on a pricing model - being asked to pay for something you don't need or have paid for already is totally different

You have said this, and I have answered it, already.

Whatever way you look at it that seat your child sits on is worth more than you pay for it.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
Which will delight all the cyclists and walkers no doubt

That's life basically! If everything is free then they are also paying nothing so nothing that they can complain about.

We all pay extra tax to subsidise pensioners winter fuel allowance when some of them have enough savings and spend winter abroad in any case. A gay couple have to pay tax to cover the cost of Mini-Huts Family Allowance payment. Car owners pay Road Tax when much of it isnt actually spent on roads. I could go on!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
People who are vehamently anti the idea can chose not to buy a ticket in the first place. There is a waiting list for ST's so if you are not prepared to pay the price asked for a ticket then go elsewhere and someone else will buy your ticket.

I am sure legally the club can enforce what is essentially a change to terms and conditions from next season but it wouldn't be great customer service.

Besides which, offering an incentive for people to walk or cycle would play well with the Greens (and to a lesser extent Labour and 'vote blue get green' conservatives).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
It is a taxable benefit in kind so around £1,200 PA

So for clarity - are you actually paying £1,200 tax PA on this benefit or are you (more likely) paying £240 tax PA?

And if your company pays for this ticket for you then where do they recoup their money - I'd guess they add it to the cost of their services which means all their customers are subsidising your travel.

The word Hypocrite doesn't come close!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It doesn't does it? I was thinking this myself. Weasel was the closest I could come up with and not be rude.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are all arguing the toss about subsidy I am saying I am not paying twice but conveniently the argument sits with those that pay travel already whether full or subsidised which is ignored totally.

Loads of rose tinted glasses only looking at what they want to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So for clarity - are you actually paying £1,200 tax PA on this benefit or are you (more likely) paying £240 tax PA?

And if your company pays for this ticket for you then where do they recoup their money - I'd guess they add it to the cost of their services which means all their customers are subsidising your travel.

Yes £1,200 and no they cannot recuperate it they have to pay

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are all arguing the toss about subsidy I am saying I am not paying twice but conveniently the argument sits with those that pay travel already whether full or subsidised which is ignored totally.

Loads of rose tinted glasses only looking at what they want to.

You've been found out BH. And you're not making total sense here. My advice is to turn the computer off, sit down, take a deep breath and think to yourself tomorrow is a new day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Says the man who started this discussion wearing the most rosiest of all rose tinted glasses and hasn't once taken them off!

And you know someone is struggling/losing the plot when they start a post with "you are all...."

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes £1,200 and no they cannot recuperate it they have to pay

You're very stupid if you really think you company don't recuperate this cost in some way with their charges to customers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here