Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think a good half way house would be to default to having a travel voucher book with each season ticket but you can sign something saying you will only ever walk or cycle to the ground to opt out.

Which ignores many fans who have paid for their travel already, so why if cyclists and walkers can opt out can't others with a legitimate reason that they can prove ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I dont understand why Beachy didnt sue the club when we were at Withdean then as we had to pay for travel vouchers then? All seems a bit silly!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would like to point out ladies and gentlemen that I am of course more than happy for the club to subsidise children's and OAP tickets. In fact I think the club are doing an amazing job on this front. But, I do find it a bit rich when someone threatens to sue* the club about an extra £1 on match tickets when they are in receipt of benefits themselves. Hypocritical is the word.

* - yes I know this will not really happen but I am taking Beach Hut at his word.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That is a total price issue where the club can counter balance what season ticket is what price to meet a total required income per game.

As opposed to making people pay for something they do not need, I take it you also agree cyclists and people who walk should pay this as well ?

No it's not a price issue. If your child's seat wasn't sold at a discount it could be sold to an adult. Who covers that price difference ? EVERYBODY else.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I dont understand why Beachy didnt sue the club when we were at Withdean then as we had to pay for travel vouchers then? All seems a bit silly!

As was stated many times it was compulsory agreement as part of using Withdean as opposed to not being compulsory with the Amex

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Which ignores many fans who have paid for their travel already, so why if cyclists and walkers can opt out can't others with a legitimate reason that they can prove ?

They can be exempted as well. My point is if it is default option most people will go along with it, while people who are vehemently anti the idea can opt out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would like to point out ladies and gentlemen that I am of course more than happy for the club to subsidise children's and OAP tickets. In fact I think the club are doing an amazing job on this front. But, I do find it a bit rich when someone threatens to sue* the club about an extra £1 on match tickets when they are in receipt of benefits themselves. Hypocritical is the word.

* - yes I know this will not really happen but I am taking Beach Hut at his word.

No you are not as what is happening with making everyone pay an additional £30 is a complete rip off and totally unacceptable to quite a few people.

Selling a season ticket at a different price dependant on age etc is totally different.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They can be exempted as well. My point is if it is default option most people will go along with it, while people who are vehemently anti the idea can opt out.

Finally someone with some sense, good !

The club need to at least give STHs the option to opt out if they can prove they do not need whereas the majority here just think everyone should have to pay no matter what.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
So I take it you think it is fair those that walk and cycle should pay £30 more as well do you ?

If Mrs Hut buys herself a new jumper from Marks and Spencer then she isn't just paying for that jumper she is also paying a subsidy to cover the cost of clothes stolen by shoplifters.

Those supporters who use public transport without paying for the travel vouchers are, in effect, shoplifting from the club and the club will have to apply a subsidy to all tickets to cover the loss caused by thieves.

I suggest you climb off your high horse here and concentrate your efforts against those who steal from the club and use the transport that they havent paid for.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
As was stated many times it was compulsory agreement as part of using Withdean as opposed to not being compulsory with the Amex

Oh right, I thought it was compulsary at Amex to have the p&r etc too. To be fair, the club could just bump up the ticket prices, not have travel vouchers, but just say travel is free now. They can say free travel paid for by the Lewis Dunk transfer or something! :)

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

People who are vehamently anti the idea can chose not to buy a ticket in the first place. There is a waiting list for ST's so if you are not prepared to pay the price asked for a ticket then go elsewhere and someone else will buy your ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Mrs Hut buys herself a new jumper from Marks and Spencer then she isn't just paying for that jumper she is also paying a subsidy to cover the cost of clothes stolen by shoplifters.

Those supporters who use public transport without paying for the travel vouchers are, in effect, shoplifting from the club and the club will have to apply a subsidy to all tickets to cover the loss caused by thieves.

I suggest you climb off your high horse here and concentrate your efforts against those who steal from the club and use the transport that they havent paid for.

That point is entirely something Southern Railway should enforce better which I have mentioned before but as they cop out of this and don't bother everyone will have to pay whether they like it or not.

DanielT

We've come a long way since the start, when Michael "trolley dolly" Inkpin-Leissner was the enemy! Meanwhile, back at the point....

michael-inkpin-leissner.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh right, I thought it was compulsary at Amex to have the p&r etc too. To be fair, the club could just bump up the ticket prices, not have travel vouchers, but just say travel is free now. They can say free travel paid for by the Lewis Dunk transfer or something! :)

There was no option on the travel voucher at Withdean as it was debated but was part of the agreement in re-locating there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People who are vehamently anti the idea can chose not to buy a ticket in the first place. There is a waiting list for ST's so if you are not prepared to pay the price asked for a ticket then go elsewhere and someone else will buy your ticket.

They could but I won't so another invalid point, next...........

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There was no option on the travel voucher at Withdean as it was debated but was part of the agreement in re-locating there.

Was part of the agreement of moving to Amex too though, that we could sustain the transport, hence it took so bloody long to get permission!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No you are not as what is happening with making everyone pay an additional £30 is a complete rip off and totally unacceptable to quite a few people.

Selling a season ticket at a different price dependant on age etc is totally different.

May I suggest you feel it is totally different because it suits you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was part of the agreement of moving to Amex too though, that we could sustain the transport, hence it took so bloody long to get permission!

Yes I know but also there were options to purchase travel as additional.

What really fucks this whole process up is those that are dishonest and also I think Southern Railway who don't check tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here