Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The point here is finally the club have accepted with the move travel would be separate which is fairer to those that do not need it so why now a u-turn on the issue as they cannot be arsed to administer something they can easily do.

The "point here" is that your fellow supporters use buses and trains paid for by the club and refuse to buy travel vouchers and pay for what they use. What is happening here is that a few are spoiling it for others. So either persuade all supporters to buy travel vouchers when they should or put up with the fact that the club will have to charge everyone to recoup their costs!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The "point here" is that your fellow supporters use buses and trains paid for by the club and refuse to buy travel vouchers and pay for what they use. What is happening here is that a few are spoiling it for others. So either persuade all supporters to buy travel vouchers when they should or put up with the fact that the club will have to charge everyone to recoup their costs!

So I take it you think it is fair those that walk and cycle should pay £30 more as well do you ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If you could post factual information it really would help but oh no just the usual assumptions that are completely wrong.

I do not have a rail season to London I have a UK rail pass as I previously worked for that bastardised company British Rail therefore I am not travelling off route as can go on any route.

Anyway more to the point if travel is added I will request a refund for myself and Mini, if not forthcoming then the small claims court.

I wonder how long it would be before mr arrogant arrived on this thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder how long it would be before mr arrogant arrived on this thread

Really, put me on your ignore list and make my day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it is yes he has a child season ticket what is wrong with that ?

Or do you want kids banned from the Amex?

So, I and many other supporters are subsidising the discounted ticket mini has? Is this fair on us?

Before you take the club to court for forcing you to pay for things you don't use maybe as a matter of principle you could pay the full price for the things you do use eh?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, I and many other supporters are subsidising the discounted ticket mini has? Is this fair on us?

That is a different concept altogether to enforcing paying for a travel ticket not required, try again

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is a different concept altogether to enforcing paying for a travel ticket not required, try again

My ticket price is inflated to cover concessions. If no concessions existed and everyone paid the going rate my ticket would be cheaper. Same principle. Stop poncing off us and pay your way.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yes but it is non-negotiable which is appalling, as I have stated all those that walk or cycle will be ecstatic at paying an extra £30, so much for encouraging using green transport methods it discourages it

I know you have a track record of ignoring things that don't suit your agenda but there are as.has been.demonstrated on here, numerous ways to cover off cyclists and live nearby walkers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My ticket price is inflated to cover concessions. If no concessions existed and everyone paid the going rate my ticket would be cheaper. Same principle. Stop poncing off us and pay your way.

That is a total price issue where the club can counter balance what season ticket is what price to meet a total required income per game.

As opposed to making people pay for something they do not need, I take it you also agree cyclists and people who walk should pay this as well ?

Feb 14, 2010
Back on the parking thread. Can someone explain what is more "sustainable" about driving to a car park, then being herded on a bus and eventually being DRIVEN to the ground instead of driving to Coldean and WALKING to the ground?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hav I read this right ..people r now complaining tht they don't want to subsidise the park n ride etc if they aren't using it?
Well I dont use it but it's nvr entered my head tht it shudnt b subsidised ...blimey r we all supporting one club here

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is a total price issue where the club can counter balance what season ticket is what price to meet a total required income per game.

Correct. And if everyone paid the going rate and no concessions were given my ticket would be cheaper. I had no choice when the club decided to discount children's tickets. Where do you think the short fall comes from?

I and many others help subsidise your child no matter which way you choose to dress things up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As opposed to making people pay for something they do not need, I take it you also agree cyclists and people who walk should pay this as well ?

Read this thread as I have explained all of this quite clearly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know you have a track record of ignoring things that don't suit your agenda but there are as.has been.demonstrated on here, numerous ways to cover off cyclists and live nearby walkers.

Finally you stick the knife in, very good as well.

Why should just those that walk and cycle be exempt if others can prove they have paid for something once already ?

Perhaps the answer is to claim I cycle then

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think a good half way house would be to default to having a travel voucher book with each season ticket but you can sign something saying you will only ever walk or cycle to the ground to opt out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cant we just all get on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here