Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters re Parking in Coldean

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Maybe I will but given the small cost perhaps the club will at least take note not everyone should have to pay for something they do not want. Also, given the current ignorance from the club on issues like crap heritage stones it would be money well spent to at least talk to someone.

They really do need to think this through as some fans do not need to be forced to pay for travel as they also walk, cycle etc.

But as has been covered (to death) in this thread there are mechanisms that can and should be put in place for local residents and cyclists. For everybody else I think the fee will and should be included in the ticket price.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you could post factual information it really would help but oh no just the usual assumptions that are completely wrong.

I do not have a rail season to London I have a UK rail pass as I previously worked for that bastardised company British Rail therefore I am not travelling off route as can go on any route.

Anyway more to the point if travel is added I will request a refund for myself and Mini, if not forthcoming then the small claims court.
You don't think you're being a tad petty and small-minded? If I were the club in that situation I'd refund the entire cost of your season ticket and tell you to f*** off and watch your football elsewhere.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At Withdean when it was just me and THPP moaning on here that we had to pay for something we never used we were told to shut up and f*** off. Now the boot's on the other foot, so I'd just like to say to all those who are saying "I don't want to pay for a travel voucher as I've got a rail pass, I've got private parking, I cycle, I walk, etc" ...... Tough shit. Pay the surcharge and shut the f*** up you selfish, miserable *****.

Happy New Year.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The words "Sold as seen", or "as per the terms and conditions" spring to mind.
If you dont want to pay the £30/season surcharge, dont buy a season ticket. Plenty on the waiting list who will

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You don't think you're being a tad petty and small-minded? If I were the club in that situation I'd refund the entire cost of your season ticket and tell you to f*** off and watch your football elsewhere.

Not at all and for those that pay for a season ticket to travel to work and can use it out of work why should they pay twice, rail travel costs enough as it is.

All they need is say a simple 3-week period per season where the onus is on the STH to prove to the club legitimately why they do not need to pay the rail travel and if the club accept this as OK then a cheaper price - not really very hard to do as just send a photocopy of my rail pass.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe I will but given the small cost perhaps the club will at least take note not everyone should have to pay for something they do not want. Also, given the current ignorance from the club on issues like crap heritage stones it would be money well spent to at least talk to someone.

They really do need to think this through as some fans do not need to be forced to pay for travel as they also walk, cycle etc.

Given it would cost you over £80 in fees and the club could counter claim for reasonable costs ( admittedly not solicitor costs ) I can't see what you would hope to achieve when the costs to you would be more than fours seasons of the suggested price rise.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At Withdean when it was just me and THPP moaning on here that we had to pay for something we never used we were told to shut up and f*** off. Now the boot's on the other foot, so I'd just like to say to all those who are saying "I don't want to pay for a travel voucher as I've got a rail pass, I've got private parking, I cycle, I walk, etc" ... tough shit. Pay the surcharge and shut the f*** up you selfish, miserable *****.

Happy New Year.

I was entirely against paying the travel voucher as never used it as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Given it would cost you over £80 in fees and the club could counter claim for reasonable costs ( admittedly not solicitor costs ) I can't see what you would hope to achieve when the costs to you would be more than fours seasons of the suggested price rise.

To be honest given the expectation the club will just force this through that is £80 well spent to at least have the option to debate the issue as I bet the club won't want to.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

You are already subsidising travel.

Each voucher costs £1 but gives approx £3 of travel. Where does that extra £2 come from? Everyone traveling by train without a vouchers is costing the club, and by extension us, money, assuming that Southern are estimating numbers accurately.

I don't use the disabled shuttle bus provided by the club at considerable expense and hopefully will never have cause to. This cost is ultimately bourne by all of us too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are already subsidising travel.

Each voucher costs £1 but gives approx £3 of travel. Where does that extra £2 come from? Everyone traveling by train without a vouchers is costing the club, and by extension us, money, assuming that Southern are estimating numbers accurately.

I don't use the disabled shuttle bus provided by the club at considerable expense and hopefully will never have cause to. This cost is ultimately bourne by all of us too.

How am I subsidising travel when I don't purchase a travel voucher ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
To be honest given the expectation the club will just force this through that is £80 well spent to at least have the option to debate the issue as I bet the club won't want to.

But what would you be suing for ? The club would offer a ST @ a certain price which includes a markup to cover public transport costs - it's up to you whether you take that offer up or not. You might as well sue Kwik Fit for charging a disposal fee for an old tyre even though you take it away. It's your choice to enter the contract.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

OK then - what if you don't use the toilet while you're at the Amex ? You've paid towards the operating cost of the stadium in your ticket but you're not entitled to a refund if you don't use certain facilities.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But what would you be suing for ? The club would offer a ST @ a certain price which includes a markup to cover public transport costs - it's up to you whether you take that offer up or not. You might as well sue Kwik Fit for charging a disposal fee for an old tyre even though you take it away. It's your choice to enter the contract.

Yes but it is non-negotiable which is appalling, as I have stated all those that walk or cycle will be ecstatic at paying an extra £30, so much for encouraging using green transport methods it discourages it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK then - what if you don't use the toilet while you're at the Amex ? You've paid towards the operating cost of the stadium in your ticket but you're not entitled to a refund if you don't use certain facilities.

Totally different being in the stadium as opposed to being forced to pay for travel to get there you have already paid for once - poor argument to say the least.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes but it is non-negotiable which is appalling, as I have stated all those that walk or cycle will be ecstatic at paying an extra £30, so much for encouraging using green transport methods it discourages it

Agreed to a certain extent but you would still have no case to take to court. The club won't have broken a contract nor any civil law so the case would be thrown out without the club having to say anything.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

If the club receives income of £1 for a travel voucher and the club pays out £3 for that travel element then the club are subsidising travel by £2 - that £2 is recovered from the overall price of all match tickets meaning that you are already subsidising the travel costs of everyone else!

I wonder if you want to take that to court and sue the club for the recovery of your personal contribution to everyone elses travel costs?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed to a certain extent but you would still have no case to take to court. The club won't have broken a contract nor any civil law so the case would be thrown out without the club having to say anything.

I know that but it is at least making a stand to show this is totally unacceptable to enforce paying for travel twice and as I have stated I would be totally ballistic if I walked or cycled and the club then demand an extra £30

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If the club receives income of £1 for a travel voucher and the club pays out £3 for that travel element then the club are subsidising travel by £2 - that £2 is recovered from the overall price of all match tickets meaning that you are already subsidising the travel costs of everyone else!

I wonder if you want to take that to court and sue the club for the recovery of your personal contribution to everyone elses travel costs?

The point here is finally the club have accepted with the move travel would be separate which is fairer to those that do not need it so why now a u-turn on the issue as they cannot be arsed to administer something they can easily do.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I know that but it is at least making a stand to show this is totally unacceptable to enforce paying for travel twice and as I have stated I would be totally ballistic if I walked or cycled and the club then demand an extra £30

Could I ask that you just send me the £80 instead then rather than you waste it on court fees considering the club won't even have to put up a case and it won't achieve anything ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you could post factual information it really would help but oh no just the usual assumptions that are completely wrong.

I do not have a rail season to London I have a UK rail pass as I previously worked for that bastardised company British Rail therefore I am not travelling off route as can go on any route.

Anyway more to the point if travel is added I will request a refund for myself and Mini, if not forthcoming then the small claims court.

Do you pay the full price for mini's ST/match day ticket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here