Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

argus comp for leeds tickets...have you been scammed too?.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Having sent a text to the argus and got the "could not handle the message and the service for the keyword is now closed" response.
so Argus have you charged me the 100p plus your normal operator text charge I noticed,after trying to win,in the small print?

Last edited:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Having sent a text to the argus and got the "could not handle the message and the service for the keyword is now closed" response.
so Argus have you charged me the 100p plus your normal operator text charge I noticed,after trying to win,in the small print?

I sent a text to 80360 but it bounced back. Don't know if I was charged as I'm on contract so won't know until the bill comes in!

I also emailed and got a response from Postmaster saying delivery had been delayed! As the closing date was midnight, that won't get accepted either!

One big balls up!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Presumably they will be dealing with a third party company receiving the texts.

With the recent controversy surrounding phone-in competitions I would have thought an email to the Argus will see you refunded rather quickly.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

same happened to me when I sent a text on Saturday but I've just received a message saying "thank you for your entry and good luck...." so they have obviously still gone through ok

Lottie

Oct 19, 2005
The Argus Leeds Competition

Thanks for your comments about this. We have received 100s of entries successfully for this competition but if you did receive a bounce back message as above and have been charged please let me know and we will happily refund you.

Best regards,

Lottie Elson
Marketing Manager
The Argus
lottie.elson@theargus.co.uk

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
You should always read the small print first!!! also don't forget to wash behind your ears :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here