Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Argentina v Iran: The Offical Match Thread***

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
'Messi on the ball'

Aaaaand he's lost it again and shows no interest in chasing it back.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A lot of people are 5 mins away from one helluva vcash beating :lol: It'll near as damn clear out my paltry funds that's for sure.

Superb from Iran, battled really well and more than held their own so far. Argentina seem very short on ideas.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Heartbreak for Iran, but that's why he's the best in the world.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And then there was Messi, shows what having a World Class player can do

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely gutted for Iran.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else noticed that Iran have the match badge on their shirt - this is how much this game means to them.

Argentina have no such thing(as far as I can see) - clearly they feel it's beneath them.

Would have loved Iran to upset the big boys here.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Iran deserved at least a point. The Messi goal(s) are just papering over the cracks. Argentina look completely disjointed. The likes of Germany, Holland and France will rip them a new one.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Iran deserved at least a point. The Messi goal(s) are just papering over the cracks. Argentina look completely disjointed. The likes of Germany and France will rip them a new one.

I hear what you're saying but I don't go with that theory.

Teams like Argentina and Brazil will almost certainly get stronger as the tournament goes on and rise to the big occasions.

I think what we've just seen there is complacency and big boy arrogance on display to an extent.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I hear what you're saying but I don't go with that theory.

Teams like Argentina and Brazil will almost certainly get stronger as the tournament goes on and rise to the big occasions.

I think what we've just seen there is complacency and big boy arrogance on display to an extent.

Bar Messi Argentina are no better than they were four years ago when they were humbled 4-0 by the Germans in the last eight. If they make the semi's i'll be astonished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here