Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argentina - Tri-Nations or Six Nations.?

Argentina - Tri-Nations or Six Nations

• Total voters

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tri-nations - don't care for any arguments about where a lot of their players play their club rugby; they're geographically closer to the tri-nations teams; plus it would keep the delineation between northern/southern hemisphere. And having them in the six nations would make the tournament even longer, particularly with the rest time required after the long-haul to Buenos Aires, further f***ing up celtic league and heineken cup schedules...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Base them in Spain for the six nations - perfect, apart from the extra time the tournament would then take.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I voted for tri-nations, keep the southern hemisphere teams together, bit far for the six nations. However the suggestion above has considerable merit, not sure what their fans would think of it though, on the upside it might get more Spanish people interested in the game...but on the downside it might appear that the Argentinians had become rugby mercenaries working under a flag of convenience.

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
six nations its in line with the season in Arentina and most of the players are based in europ anyway plus give the northern teams more compitition which will make all the european teams better and in particular england better prepaired to win the cup back in four years

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
7 nations please. Weekend in Barca, marvellous. Anyway it will help rugby in Spain because of the increased publicity.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Playing their games in Spain would defeat the point to a large extent in that it wouldn't really help raise the profile of rugby in Argentina. The Tri Nations makes more sense, it's not as if New Zealand to South Africa isn't a bloody long way to travel anyway!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Playing their games in Spain would defeat the point to a large extent in that it wouldn't really help raise the profile of rugby in Argentina. The Tri Nations makes more sense, it's not as if New Zealand to South Africa isn't a bloody long way to travel anyway!

I think it would because the Argentinian public would get to watch (admittedly mostly on TV) their team play at least 6 top-class international teams every year. Plus it would also help to develop the game in Spain and maybe from there other parts of Latin America.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think a lot of their players play for French clubs. The Tri-nations keep refusing to let them in, so relegate the Scots and replace them with the Argies.

I've said for a long time there should be two European leagues to give the likes of Romania - who desperately need cash - some chance of meaningful [for them] regular competitive rugby.

The Tri-nations should expand too and let in Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. Should cost them nothing more as instead of playing home and away, they follow the 6-nations format and play each team once.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Tri Nations not practical for Argentina whereas six nations they can play in Spain as all their players play in Europe. Personally I favour a two-division six nations therefore made to 12 nations...... Portugal, Romania and we could throw in Canada probably and the USA too. The result of this would be to close the gap between the stronger and weaker teams and also mean that Tri Nations would be the mini-league.

Alternatively two groups of five or six with a semi and a final.... in fact that sounds better than the two divisions.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think a lot of their players play for French clubs. The Tri-nations keep refusing to let them in, so relegate the Scots and replace them with the Argies.

I've said for a long time there should be two European leagues to give the likes of Romania - who desperately need cash - some chance of meaningful [for them] regular competitive rugby.

The Tri-nations should expand too and let in Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. Should cost them nothing more as instead of playing home and away, they follow the 6-nations format and play each team once.

U r right but it won't.. the arrogance is unbelievable... if Samoa and Fijı and Tonga play in Tri then Australia and NZ couldn't rape them.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

The European Nations Cup exists for that purpose - a seven division competition for the 2nd and 3rd tier sides in Europe with the title decided over two years. Romania are the current holders.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Six Nations. Kick the Welsh out to make room.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

My god that would be a boring forward and kicking based six nations!

Argentina need to sort out the national league and their participation in one of the two tournaments need to fit in with that which them playing in Spain wouldn't really help

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Tri-nations - don't care for any arguments about where a lot of their players play their club rugby; they're geographically closer to the tri-nations teams; plus it would keep the delineation between northern/southern hemisphere. And having them in the six nations would make the tournament even longer, particularly with the rest time required after the long-haul to Buenos Aires, further f***ing up celtic league and heineken cup schedules...

Have to agree got to be tri nations but unfortunately I am unsure one of the worlds tightest closed shops will allow. Will probably end up in the 6/7/8 nations, after all they can make a bit more money out of another round of games - who cares about rest for the players.

:rant:
Eh?
Grand Slam winners in 2005 and scorers of more tries than Italy, Ireland & Scotland in this World Cup.
And while I'm thinking about it ..... quite possibly scorers of more tries than ENGLAND in this world cup - I can't be arsed to check.
:salute:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:rant:
Eh?
Grand Slam winners in 2005 and scorers of more tries than Italy, Ireland & Scotland in this World Cup.
And while I'm thinking about it ..... quite possibly scorers of more tries than ENGLAND in this world cup - I can't be arsed to check.
:salute:

So...you're saying Wales had a good World Cup? Strange, I thought losing to the mighty Fiji and not making the quarter-finals was a tad disappointing.

Getting tries while getting beaten is about the same as scoring an overhead kick in a 4-1 drubbing. Best goal - but losers.

But anyway, Argentina. Doesn't matter, they deserve one of them, probably about the same travelling in either, fence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here