[Football] Are you watching the Cup Final?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching the Cup Final

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I quite like the 10 second rule, if it cant be decided within 10 seconds, let it go.

That makes more sense than just moving the line.

30 seconds, 3 camera angles job done.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Handball?

Nah. To explain (if someone else hasn't already), the handball is accidental, so must *immediately* lead to either a goal or goalscoring chance to be penalised. Ball goes backwards from the handball, so that doesn't immediately create the chance as it falls to another Leicester player before Tielemans. Certainly not clear cut enough to get VAR involved anyway.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It was offside, a lot tighter decisions than that one have been ruled out this season.

I don't think it was. The still used with the lines drawn on it show the ball already moved from the passing player's foot. They are measuring players' positions to a stupid degree, when their technology doesn't even enable them to stop the film at the right moment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not knowingly.

I bet Rodgers loves a mirror. What a tit playing up, just as he goes live for an interview.

I like him. Confident, positive, coaches an attacking brand of football, doesn’t get involved in zzzzzz mind games, snarling hate of people in the game or stabbing his players in the back via the media.

The hypocrisy in that statement is stunning.

With the naked eye (and therefore in a game in any other division except the Premier League or any cup game where a lesser team are at home) that's level.

You are basically saying the Premier League deserve endless replays and width of a knitting needle offsides but the little clubs can still have their dreadful injustice.
You are flogging a dead horse here. Even all the fanatically anti VAR Match of the Day crowd said it wasn't a close decision. Carry on standing up for the right of the big clubs to get favourable decisions from officials if you want.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On a serious note, clear blue daylight would feel fairer. I would be quite happy with that one being given onside, even though it wouldn't have suited my preference for a Leicester win.

There would be endless binfests of how big a margin of offside you should allow. Anyone who thinks this would end controversy is not looking at the obvious consequences

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely delighted for Leicester. One of my best mates growing up is a Leicester fan and so is his whole family. I loved going to his house as in one of the rooms the wall was adorned with Leicester shirts from throughout the years, and in his games room he had a seat from Filbert Street. The celebrations at the end by the players and fans were wonderful. Felt like the magic of the cup returned for a moment today.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I know, as was my husband’s remark., who called it as soon as the ball went in the net.

The comment to watch MOTD was to Bry Nylon.

Given in the VAR still the ball has already left the Chelsea players boot anyway, I cannot see how this is not level :shrug:

Anyone calling this offside is mistaken. Mad decision.

sport-preview-var (1).jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given in the VAR still the ball has already left the Chelsea players boot anyway, I cannot see how this is not level :shrug:

View attachment 136764

The shot shows the ball on the player’s boot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was offside, a lot tighter decisions than that one have been ruled out this season.

But that still doesn't work.

'yeah but his trailing heel is just a fraction behind the defenders knee'.

Any talk of changing the process is just moving the line, nothing more.

So you favour 'let those bastions of judgement, the Referees and Linopersons decide'? ???

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

View attachment 136764

I agree with you, it’s not ever offside in real world football. Anyone who thinks it is has lost themselves in the absolute bollocks, farcical world of VAR. It needs to be scrapped.

However, the cheer from the Leicester fans when it was ruled out was absolutely glorious!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There would be endless binfests of how big a margin of offside you should allow. Anyone who thinks this would end controversy is not looking at the obvious consequences

I don't care.

like the speed limit and the drink driving limit, it is exact. How much wriggle room is the judgment of the rule makers. I think the thinking about the judgement needs a tweak. That's all. VAR is a good tool.

I am not in favour of handing back all control to the likes of this:

perfectly normal.jpg

That's a referee, that is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree with you, it’s not ever offside in real world football. Anyone who thinks it is has lost themselves in the absolute bollocks, farcical world of VAR. It needs to be scrapped.

However, the cheer from the Leicester fans when it was ruled out was absolutely glorious!

Yep, all of this

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

If that was ruled offside pre VAR days, as it would have likely been, no one could have argued. It's offside! Just, but it is.

I detest VAR but it was used correctly in this instance,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports