[Football] Are you watching the Cup Final?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching the Cup Final

• Total voters

Without VAR I'm sure the pundits and media at large would have taken one look at that and said:-

'well that's too close to call, so let's move on'.

We've got exactly what we asked tor.

No what would have happened is hypocritical pundits would have slaughtered the officials, they want to have it all ways, people seem to have mysteriously forgotten what happened prior to VAR

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Without VAR I'm sure the pundits and media at large would have taken one look at that and said:-

'well that's too close to call, so let's move on'.

We've got exactly what we asked tor.

I think Elite players move so quickly, and VAR cannot nail the exact point the ball was kicked. It's presented as fact but it really isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone who thinks this is modern bullshit can do one. Fact.

Absolutely loving this. :love:

The campaign for offside goals will be really popular - until it screws your team. And it is the big clubs that always got the 50-50 calls, like they would have today without the technology

Can’t wait now for Lineker having to say his own team shouldn’t have won, this is the gift that keeps on giving hahaha

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The campaign for offside goals will be really popular - until it screws your team. And it is the big clubs that always got the 50-50 calls, like they would have today without the technology

On a serious note, clear blue daylight would feel fairer. I would be quite happy with that one being given onside, even though it wouldn't have suited my preference for a Leicester win.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We can say we were knocked out by the eventual winners, so no shame there.
The best thing about the FA Cup this season is that not one of the ESL teams won it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Elite players move so quickly, and VAR cannot nail the exact point the ball was kicked. It's presented as fact but it really isn't.

But that's never bothered us before.

We've fed, fed and fed some more off the pre-var opinions.
Phoned the radio.
Socialled the sport.

As LI said demanded these decisions were correct and pilloried the officials.

I hate it, you have it, we all hate it, but most of us complaining now were complaining just as loudly then as well.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Leicester won their madly unlikely league title in May 2016. The following month the Brexit vote, then Trump was elected, with the accompanying years of madness. Covid followed. If the theory about the world being a video game that some kid has got bored with is true, could we hope that this win be the 'turn it off and reset' needed for a return to normal life?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The hypocrisy in that statement is stunning.

With the naked eye (and therefore in a game in any other division except the Premier League or any cup game where a lesser team are at home) that's level.

You are basically saying the Premier League deserve endless replays and width of a knitting needle offsides but the little clubs can still have their dreadful injustice.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The hypocrisy in that statement is stunning.

With the naked eye (and therefore in a game in any other division except the Premier League or any cup game where a lesser team are at home) that's level.

You are basically saying the Premier League deserve endless replays and width of a knitting needle offsides but the little clubs can still have their dreadful injustice.

Get better glasses, as that was offside with the naked eye.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a serious note, clear blue daylight would feel fairer. I would be quite happy with that one being given onside, even though it wouldn't have suited my preference for a Leicester win.
It was offside, a lot tighter decisions than that one have been ruled out this season.

But that still doesn't work.

'yeah but his trailing heel is just a fraction behind the defenders knee'.

Any talk of changing the process is just moving the line, nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports