• Yes

Votes: 88 58.7%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Voted by post - up here we have PCC, Council, and North East Mayoral elections today.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I had completely forgotten about it until I opened BBC News this morning. Nipped down to the polling station here, we have mayoral and councillor elections.

I'll admit my vote was more against the existing, insufferable and ineffective tit of a councillor that we currently have, than for his opposition. But it's so staunchly one party here that there's little chance of change.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Completed postal voting last week only wish it was the general election as it is tomorrow we will still have this insufferable incompetent insane inexcusable excuse for a Government still in power.

As for who I voted for today I am keeping my gunpowder dry but it’s fair to say it wasn’t for the Conservative Party candidates nor the Liberals or Greens nuff said.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I voted. PCC election here. Don't particularly care for the PCC and think it should probably be abolished but voted anyway as you can guarantee the blue rinse stiffs will be voting and we've all heard quite enough from them.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Only Police and Crime Commissioner so I couldn't care less, last time I only voted as it was during lockdown and I wanted to get out the house. I voted Green because the candidate said their first point of order would be to abolish the position, and put the policing back in the power of the police forces and out of the hand of a bureaucratic pointless elected official.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A close to zero percent turnout could also change things. Every main political party supports the PCC elections ( it's another chance for power ) so even if I spoil my ballot paper it would make zero difference ( and unlike real elections, there is no requirement to read out words added to a spoilt ballot ).
A very low turnout benefits the sitting candidate. The LibDens are opposed to the PCC and have said it publicly.

Spoilt ballot papers are examined by the candidates.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only Police and Crime Commissioner so I couldn't care less, last time I only voted as it was during lockdown and I wanted to get out the house. I voted Green because the candidate said their first point of order would be to abolish the position, and put the policing back in the power of the police forces and out of the hand of a bureaucratic pointless elected official.
So that's Green and LibDem who want to abolish it. Thanks.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Voted in every election since I was 18 in 1970 and certainly not going to stop now, even for a PCC, and it is my 72nd birthday today.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Only PCC for me, so I'll be wandering down to write 'completely disagree with this pointless waste of money' across my paper again :rolleyes:

*edit*

Actually I'll use this wording if I may

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Only PCC for me, so I'll be wandering down to write 'completely disagree with this pointless waste of money' across my paper again :rolleyes:

*edit*

Actually I'll use this wording if I may
Bloody hell - you'll be there all day ! Go on, admit it, you're after free tea and biscuits ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bloody hell - you'll be there all day ! Go on, admit it, you're after free tea and biscuits ?

No, I'm going full Gammon.

I'll storm in THERE seething, SLAM my passport down, grab the BALLOT paper, write my PROTESTATION, stuff it in THEIR ballot box and storm OUT again :rant:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Then spoil your paper to say so. Silence changes nothing.
We ARE lucky to live in a country with a free vote and your point is of course 100% correct. And having read it I feel a bit bad about the fact that I won't be voting. However like others though we've only got the PCC election and like others I don't agree with politicising the Police. To show my opposition I've chosen to abstain in the hope that eventually the turnout for these elections becomes so derisory that they cancel them and save the money. Spoiling the paper still registers as 'Turnout', so I've taken the other option, but like I say I do take your point.

If there was a 'proper' election I'd vote. I always do.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Myself and Mrs LLF voted on our way to work this morning.
With my trusty Black ( don’t let them tell you it’s blue) passport in hand, and making my usual point to the officials that there were more Tory MPs arrest for sexual assault in this Parliament than fraudulent voters in the last election.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
All we have to vote in for Mid Sussex is Police and Crime Commissioner and having just discovered that the cost to taxpayers of this role was £100 million in 4 years I have decided not to vote in protest. A lot of good that will do, but makes me feel better. And what exactly do these people do anyway? Mostly send out newsletters justifying their existence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports