Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you ready for Christmas?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Pretty much there.
One of the benefits of scaling the day back to just wife and our children, is there’s not so much to do.
Christmas shopping takes no time at all these days.
Compare to the old days when you actually had to go round busy shops…

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I finished my shopping last week. We've got Polly and Giles and their daughter Tallulah staying over and Mrs Crodo's parents coming over on the day so we will still need to do the obligitary big food shop for the festive period next week, topped up by a few mini shops (or deliveries) in the week immediately preceding it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Very little stress here. As the kids are now grown up we decided a few years ago not to do presents to each other as a family so no wasting money on crap that none of us actually need and no hastle in the shops. The tree will go up on the 20th for a week as every year.

And with regards the Christmas dinner, we will buy the veg last minute and the turkey is on order. No need to make Christmas stressful.

Christmas is only complicated if you make it so and you feel you have to keep up with 'The Jones's' by buying countless gifts that most people don't want or need just because it's Christmas. Come new year - no debts and no regrets. Simples.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Had the traditional fall out and apology (from me again) when putting up the outside lights. Every year we commit to getting a new set, where all the lights work, but come Jan we (she) dutifully pack them away and all is forgotten.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think my current Avatar suggests that I might agree with you wholeheartedly.

I enjoy the three days of Christmas immensely, the month before and the few days after until 6 Jan can do one, along with the New Year :smile:

Exactly this. Most Christmases I work all through, nights. So I just forget Christmas. This year I have off so I am very much looking forward to seeing family and friends. But four days off is plenty for me and the a return tm normal.
As you say, lovely couple of days, that’ll do.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We are ready for the big day, Just the 2 of us on the day, But we are going up north on Boxing day to my son's house with 2 of our grandkids (16 & 17) and our daughter and her family (another 7 year old grand kid, Boy, my son has a 7 year old daughter) so Boxing day will be a big family day which will be an amazing day for my wife! And myself of course :thumbsup: #itsallaboutthewife

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
All ready bar the venue . Will we be able to travel ? Hopefully spending the festive period in County Durham . I just fear on the next briefing we will be restricted to staying local . Now i do need some new glasses???

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Nope. Doing a grand designs that should have been finished in September, then November, not we're trying to be in before Christmas... Not bothering this year. Shall go to the in-laws to drink all their booze and eat some food.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
All sorted on the presents and food front. Just working on my tolerance for some of our guests. I’ll probably open a bottle early on the big day

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Christmas appears to be cancelled in the Swansman family due to some family conflicts. My uncles arent speaking to my grandmother (for reasons I dont know and dont care about) so my mother accepted to work all day and all night on Christmas... fair chance I'll just be home drinking and chilling unless things get sorted out. Kind of dont mind, I like seeing my family etc. but Christmas usually feel a bit artifical unless the schnapps is on the table fairly early.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Heartwarming to see someone getting their priorities right !

Fortunately it's free as well. I also picked up a mini keg from the brewery of Fullers Jack Frost

jack-frost-mini-keg--v3.jpg

:drink::drink::drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here