Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you over drinking ?

Yoda

English & European
Usually at the recommended limit or just over with 2-3 cans at home during the week, but do my best not to go more than that. Hardly ever go out and drink but football days are another matter.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
:eek: The government advises that people should not regularly drink more than the daily unit guidelines of 3-4 units of alcohol for men (equivalent to a large (250ml) glass of 13% wine) and 2-3 units of alcohol for women (equivalent to a 175ml glass of 13% wine). ‘Regularly’ means drinking every day or most days of the week.

A large glass of 13% wine puts a woman over the daily guidelines. Another small glass (125ml) will put men over the guidelines

Not a lot to go over the limit.

Yup. I had a small bottle of beer over xmas, maybe on xmas eve, I can't remember. That's it for the last 2 months or so.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I hardly drink at all during the week . I work evenings, so going out is difficult, plus I'm not that much of a home drinker.

I guess I catch up during the weekend though. Football Saturdays can be heavy ones ,as I also go out Saturday night. Plus then I like to go to pubs on a Sunday.

I'm pretty much the same. Only time I drink Monday to Thursday is if the Albion are at home, and then it's just a couple of pints because I have to get up at stupid o'clock for work. But then I do tend to go a bit ott at weekends, and getting into double figures of pints drunk is not rare, especially as you say on football saturdays. I guess technically, according to whoever decides these things, that makes me a binge drinker.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I quite like going to the pub and would be happy going there a couple of times a week, having 3 or 4 pints and not drinking at home but the Mrs always has some reason why she doesn't want to go so we end up having a drink at home and I will have a bottle of wine or 3/4 pint bottles of ale. I often top the evening off with a (rather large) brandy.
I keep thinking I should cut down or stop completely but, apart from football, I'm bored shitless with my dull home life, dull (but reasonably well paid) job and virtually non-existant social life.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't drink as much as I did in my younger days.Don't feel the need and can't cope with hangovers anymore.
Drink very little beer now,only 1or 2 pints a week unless away on holiday.Probably drink too much wine at home,but love it.Also enjoy a decent cognac and malt whisky.
Can't imagine a life without being able to enjoy a drink.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Doing Dryathlon. Amazing how much more energy I have already. Sure it won't continue after January but hoping to cut down.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yup. I had a small bottle of beer over xmas, maybe on xmas eve, I can't remember. That's it for the last 2 months or so.

I has a small bottle of beer on Xmas eve as well. Can't remember much since then either. Must be the whisky.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did read that to enable your liver to recover you should:

Not drink for 1 day a week
Not drink for 1 week every month
Not drink for 1 month every year

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely, once I start drinking I don't want to stop. One bottle of wine isn't enough for me, two or three will satisfy me.
I attempted to do the dryathon but lasted three days into the new year, however, so far I have just shared 1 1/2 bottles of wine and had a can of Stella since Jan 1st.
I don't suffer from hangovers which means I don't suffer any short term consequences of drinking too much.
I either am already or on the verge of alcoholism as my other half stopped me drinking any more one evening and I kept popping into the kitchen to swig from a Hennessy bottle. Frequent memory black outs and one trip in an ambulance suggests I have a problem.
I am giving myself this chance to moderate the drinking myself before going to the doctors.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Absolutely, once I start drinking I don't want to stop. One bottle of wine isn't enough for me, two or three will satisfy me.
I attempted to do the dryathon but lasted three days into the new year, however, so far I have just shared 1 1/2 bottles of wine and had a can of Stella since Jan 1st.
I don't suffer from hangovers which means I don't suffer any short term consequences of drinking too much.
I either am already or on the verge of alcoholism as my other half stopped me drinking any more one evening and I kept popping into the kitchen to swig from a Hennessy bottle. Frequent memory black outs and one trip in an ambulance suggests I have a problem.
I am giving myself this chance to moderate the drinking myself before going to the doctors.

I think your first sentence ought to give you a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here