Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you one of the 4%...

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
A, K and 7.
A to check an even on the other side
K to check there isn't a vowel on the other side (nothing in the question says it is a number on one side and a letter on the other)
7 to check there isn't a vowel on the other side

2 doesn't matter, a vowel having to have an even on the other side does not mean an even must have a vowel on the other side

Is the correct answer

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
A and 2 methinks.

If a card has to have an even number on one side and a vowel on the other side then K (even if it has an even number) and 7 (even if it has a vowel) will fail that test. So you'd only need to turn over the A to check if there's an even number on the back and 2 to check if there's a vowel on the back.

Would love to know the correct answer as it's bugging me now!

Edit: just reworked this and studied the exact question wording very carefully and now think the above answer is wrong, but I'm not changing it as that wouldn't be fair!

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just the 2.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've seen this before and got it wrong because it didn't give the whole story. It's supposed to say that all cards have a number on one side and a letter on the other. In which case, you only need to look at A and 7.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Even then K could have an even number behind it.

But it doesn't say a consonant must have an even or odd, only a vowel needs an even. If k had an even or odd number the rule isn't broken, but if k had a vowel the rule is broken, therefore k needs flipping to check for a vowel.

Only 2 doesn't need turning.... If it's a consonant or any number behind 2 that doesn't break rule, as it's not stipulated an even number needs a vowel, only that a vowel needs an even number..... Therefore whatever is behind 2 doesn't break rule. If it's a vowel it has an even, if it's not a vowel there's nothing to say an even number must have a vowel, just a vowel needs even. A, K, 7 only

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What's the effing answer ffs!!!?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A, K and 7.
A to check an even on the other side
K to check there isn't a vowel on the other side (nothing in the question says it is a number on one side and a letter on the other)
7 to check there isn't a vowel on the other side

2 doesn't matter, a vowel having to have an even on the other side does not mean an even must have a vowel on the other side
If you did that without help, welcome to the 4% club.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Card three, the one with 2 on it, it must have a vowel on the obverse side or the rule is false.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here