Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you offended by the gay taunts from opposing fans

Are you bothered by the gay taunts

• Total voters

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The chant is sung against the almost entirely straight Albion fan-base, as a wind up and attempted insult, in the same way that Albion fans sing against Pikeys, Northern b's, etc

There is no evidence that 2,000 Millwall, CP or Cardiff fans singing this, in any way, want to harm homosexuals. It is entirely a chant to wind up especially the 'macho' Albion fans who are in turn singing against the opposing fans.

This is entirely different from chants aimed against an individual black person, which few would condone.

I don't think Cardiff fans actually sing anything. Regarding Millwall. Think most of them actually believe it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is it not just banter ? Ok at football.

Like the time Sam Hamman walked amongst Albion fans at Ninian Park and asked if the woman he was talking to was a lesbian-seeing as how all men in Brighton were gay? Is that OK?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I have not read this thread but no it don't offend me at all.
Get them back by having a few thousand of our supporters waiting outside the south stand for them waving our cocks about before charging at them like some kind of filthy medieval pikemen haha that'd have them worried

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Like the time Sam Hamman walked amongst Albion fans at Ninian Park and asked if the woman he was talking to was a lesbian-seeing as how all men in Brighton were gay? Is that OK?

Look it's probably not right but is it such a big deal. Have we all gone soft theses days ? At a football match they are words just sung as a wind up. Some Brighton fans sing a song about shooting Palace with their dads gun or calling every supporter north of Crawley dirty northern *******s. Is that just as offensive. I think we give as good as we get.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here