• I have an opinion more like a Newcastle supporter

Votes: 56 66.7%
  • Neither I am a mixture of both.

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mixture of both, love it when we are bossing the other team, but dread it when we are defending a 1 goal lead for more than 40 mins.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not catious enough far too attack minded. Fullbacks allowed over the half way line.what's with this allowing Dunk to bring the ball out and have a long range shot. The ball should be going square or back to Ryan.
The is an art and a skill in defending correctly. We need to see Ryan going over a 1000 minutes between goals conceded.
There is still much work to be done on the training pitch to achieve greater defensive unity. Where are the niggly fouls to break up play.

Come on we need to be better than Juventus with Zoff in goal where conceding a goal was treated as a disaster.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
He got us into the top flight. That's more than any manager we've had for three decades can say.

His teams sitting back so much in away games is a mild concern right now, but we're seven points from seven games which is an expected return, I reckon. He's got a lot of credit in the bank to use up yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hughton's negative boring football saved us from relegation, and got us promoted, so I'm team Hughton.

Whilst I agree with that, there are different jobs for managers to do. Hughton did very well at the "survival" gig, followed up by a cracking "get promoted from the Championship" effort.

His new job is the classic "keep a club in the Premier League" one. Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen. I'm sure all of us hope he can. But it is a different job to the last one.

FWIW - I thought Leicester were right to get rid of Ranieri when they did. He was fantastic to lead Leicester to the Premier League title, but was clearly struggling to get the same players to react positively to a relegation scrap. No one knows whether they would have gone down had he remained in the position, but we do know form improved after he left.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst I agree with that, there are different jobs for managers to do. Hughton did very well at the "survival" gig, followed up by a cracking "get promoted from the Championship" effort.

His new job is the classic "keep a club in the Premier League" one. Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen. I'm sure all of us hope he can. But it is a different job to the last one.

FWIW - I thought Leicester were right to get rid of Ranieri when they did. He was fantastic to lead Leicester to the Premier League title, but was clearly struggling to get the same players to react positively to a relegation scrap. No one knows whether they would have gone down had he remained in the position, but we do know form improved after he left.

It was fairly obvious that there was unrest in the dressing room, with Ulloa putting in a transfer request, saying he didn't want to play for Leicester again. I don't think Hughton has any problems with our players at the moment, but if it did come to that, then I would want him replaced.
At the moment, he is in credit imo.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Love the fella.

Although when challenged by [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] at a BBQ earlier (get that in October) as to whether or not we’d stay up this year, I said no because of Hughton’s overly cautious approach.

I subsequently avoided using the phrase “go for it”.

I wondered if it was telling in comments after the Arsenal match that he said we should have and could have made more of the opportunities we had. It gave me hope that maybe he is more ambitious with the attacking thing and the players do not (yet?) have the confidence to follow it through.

I wonder what might have happened if Solly March's effort had gone in. Arsenal might well have stepped up a gear, but we will never know.........

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I trust our gaffer he makes proper football decisions , and knows his players very well

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The Norwich opinion is gutless, and Newcastle let a good thing slip from right under their noses.
If I had to choose one, it would be Newcastle.
But I'm very happy with CH style, which is going to keep us in the PL :thumbsup:

I think you have the crux of the issue here...

I agree... I would consider myself to have had a Newcastle-esque view of CH last season... this season I am more Norwich-esque.

HOWEVER, and it's a big however, in order to stay up in the PL this season, we will have to play an awful lot of negative, boring football... playing for a draw, grinding out results, parking the bus, playing a lone striker and 9 other outfielders behind the ball, etc etc.

It may not be pretty, but it will be effective, as CH has us play lots of boring, negative football.... but we need that in order to stay up, consolidate our position, develop our squad with the money we will earn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here