Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the Albion's January business?

Are you happy with the Albion's January business?

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
For the record, I'm indifferent to our business - think the ins are good and the outs were necessary - but I would've liked another winger or forward in an ideal world.

That said, I don't understand the criticism of that quote from Bloom. I read it as being ahead time-wise, rather than some kind of implicit promise to throw cash around like it's going out of fashion. We did our business early, the lack of movement on deadline day is separate to that quote.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm saying 'no'.

We are crying out for a winger. Someone with pace that can offer an outlet when we're under the kosh. A decent acquisition in that area would have made a huge difference to our team (where the hell is the Buckley cash?) - as it is I think we'll just about grind out enough results to stay up but the club need to take a long hard look at themselves.

They sacked Poyet, disassembled the PLR squad he'd produced and appointed dim-wit after dim wit ala Garcia/Burke/Hyppia with little investment in the playing side. We need a REALLY good summer, some strong signings and a stroke of good fortune to get back to the play-off spots

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I voted no to the literal question. It doesn't make me happy. Had you asked me if I am sad, I'd have said no too.

It is what is it. We are just bumbling along until the summer now. We will stay up, barring significant injuries to key players, and then we can try again to build a squad able to challenge.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Out for good: Colunga (not happy seemed a good squad player and hasn't been replaced IMO) , Nzuzi (Happy enough it just didn't work out)
Loans expired, not renewed: Gardner (Happy), E. Bennett (Not happy would have liked to keep or replaced with a winger), Bent (would have liked to keep but understand why he went to Derby)

In: Kayal (Happy)
Loan: Best (undecided)
Loan renewed: Halford (Happy)

overall I say I am somewhere in the middle with regards to happy.

Surprise retainee: O'Grady (Meh)

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Out for good: Colunga, Nzuzi[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Loans expired, not renewed: Gardner, E. Bennett, Bent[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]In: Kayal[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Loan: Best[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Loan renewed: Halford[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Surprise retainee: O'Grady[/FONT]
Nothing to do with this poll bozza but what habe you done to my android phone I only use it to access nsc and the srgus now when I go on nsc all I can see is a great big flag ad requesting I use tapatalk please make it stop my head hurts

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I feel flat

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I'm not unhappy but I don't know enough about Kayal to be able to commit. So I'm happy as long as he doesn't do a 'kemy' on me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Neither.

We are good enough to stay up. In fact, I think we are good enough to pull away from the relegation zone. Should the unthinkable happen, then the players would need to take a very long hard look at themselves. It won't.

We need to keep Chris Hughton here though. Number one aim must be to retain a manager for next season so that he can do some proper building work.

I'd go along with all of this, but alter your first comment. It has to be a qualified no, with the qualification being that if we -- at long last -- have a good recruitment process over the summer, then the qualified no, veers towards a yes or, at least, a qualified yes. The key for the next year or two has to be stability, retaining Hughton and a core of players, and only adding quality additions, while working hard with the DS.

CheshireSeagull

Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
You can't really call it business we haven't done anything! However I am glad we haven't gone out and spent over the odds on bang average players just to do exactly what are current squad can do and stay up! Let Hughton figure out the players good enough to stay and rid the squad of deadwood in the summer and bring in some quality at the right price to challenge for promotion next season.

Why everyone needs new players now is beyond me, what were you expecting a promotion push?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
No. Loaning out Colunga, the player who has been directly involved in more goals than anyone else for us this season, and not replacing him is ridiculous. It's so obvious we need a winger. Saying our squad is simply 'good enough to stay up' is very complacent imo when we're 21st and just lost to Blackpool.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Voted no because I hoped it would be recognised that we are still in a relegation scrap and have holes in our squad. I was pleased with the aquisition of Kayal but we are still light in midfield especially on the wing(s). KLL isn't exactly injury prone but if be amazed if he made it to the end of season without another little niggle of some kind. That leaves March who has missed a fair chunk of the season and is still getting up to speed/ fitness. Someone in the ilk of Jed Wallace, Jack Grealish, Ben Pringle etc would be cheapish but valuable additions to our squad even if they become bench warmers once Kaz is fit again. I can only assume we will go for the loan option as that seems to be what we do now. Very disappointing.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Yes, no panic. Good enough to stay up I think we can all we that. However it's a funny old game and sometimes even the mighty fall.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I can't say I am thrilled.

I also don't buy into this " let's hang on in there and regroup in the summer". Well who is to say houghton is going to still be here in the summer? Who is to say if he is we will have any extra money to buy new players? Who can say we will still be in this division?

It's all ifs and buts, so I would have started the clearout of CMS etc and bought players rather than looking for players to come in for a month or so whilst they are looking how well their proper clubs are doing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes. Hughton will rebuild the squad over the summer and I hope Calde will be given a coaching job with the club and not amongst the casualties of the clear-out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bit meh really. Squad is good enough to aim for mid table and then rebuild come summer. Better deals are available come the summer, but would have been nice to see a Ulloa type arrival

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, all a bit slap dash to me. Time will tell but I am nowhere near as confident as the club and a number on here that we are safe from relegation. We are probably going to have a massive rebuild come summer, just how big will depend on what division we are in. Either way I hope we ditch this cheapskate loan policy and actually purchase some players who are ready to play, aren't sick notes and are up to the division we are in.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Couldn't understand the underemployment of Colunga under Sami and can't understand why we have let him go. Arguably much more suited to the wide role Baldock has been asked to perform and showed (when given the opportunity) how he could link up with the creative types (see his goal from Teixiera's through ball at Bournemouth) if we were set up more attacking. In my opinion, he was actually the pick of our forwards so a puzzling and disappointing parting of the ways.

More positively, I am very pleased with the signing of Beram Kayal. It should not be overlooked that Lennon wanted him for Bolton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here