Votes: 167 76.3%
  • No I shouldn't have to pay one

Votes: 52 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You watch everything on Iplayer ??? I have a top speed super hub2 that's supposed to give me the fastest broadband service avalible yet iplayer is still unwatchable as it constantly stops & buffers and then just restarts, never been able to a whole 1 hour programme so amazed you rely on it.

It's worked fine for me for many years with a bang average Internet package and a crap computer. Also works perfectly in Virginia. You wanna get that sorted!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a virgin box and a telly ???

You ought to run a speed test then to check you're getting what you are meant to. My 60mb Virgin connection works fine with iPlayer - iPlayer still works even when the kids are watching Netflix.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You watch everything on Iplayer ??? I have a top speed super hub2 that's supposed to give me the fastest broadband service avalible yet iplayer is still unwatchable as it constantly stops & buffers and then just restarts, never been able to a whole 1 hour programme so amazed you rely on it.

I'd get this checked out - I watch Iplayer on my Ipad, laptop and smart TV all via wifi and it's fine.

Anyway, I think the Beeb is brilliant value for a lot of top quality, ad-free output on TV, radio and the web. Hope it never goes commercial - the annual licence fee is about the same as my monthly Sky subscription (although that includes phone, broadband etc).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I have never had a problem with buffering, very occasionally it will get slightly out of sync but a refresh usually sorts it. If you cannot get through an hour of iPlayer without it messing up I would suggest there is something up with your hub.

If everyone had the same problem as you with buffering iPlayer would have sorted it by now.

I probably watch about 3 hours of content a week plus some stuff on youtube. I know plenty of people that use iPlayer regularly and have no problems whatsoever.

And in answer to the previous poster, no, I don't watch the live stuff. I did try a couple of times but that was the only time it wouldn't work. If it worked properly and I watched it I would happily pay my license, like I have said I think the BBC are a force for good and if I am ever required to buy a license I would happily do so as I have in the past.

If there is any sports stuff I want to watch I go to my friend's pub next door or pop round my Sted Dad's place. Have not had a traditional TV set up for years and genuinely not missed it a bit.

I work away a lot and iPlayer is perfect for me as I can get back after a few days and catch up on drama that I have missed. I live alone and work away, if I had a family or was home more often I would get a license and TV etc but until that time I'm good as I am.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Radio Sussex on a Sat afternoon is worth the fee for me alone.

Would you still think the same if they merged 4 regions in the south into one as part of cuts to trim £20M off the radio service budget and you had to listen to live match commentary from The Madejski ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here