Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Amex tonight

Are you going to the Amex tonight

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I saw in Palaces websites they call it the Mansex. Had to laugh, as I have the humour of a 12 year old.

Those witty Palace fans. No doubt the comedy genius that came up with that one will be selling out every night at the Edinburgh fringe this year.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
On the train now. Just about Three Bridges. I cycled a couple of miles from work to Blackfriars before boarding. I still have my illuminous jacket on for fear of excessive sweatmarks beneath it. I am not sure when I'll have the privacy to check. The north stand mob don't mind a damp fellow, so it'll have to be then, moments before kick-off, that I get to take this ruddy, light-reflecting thing off.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes. Really looking forward to it. On the train from Eastbourne with what will be a happy band of me, three mates from work (two non-STH) and one of their sons.

What am I looking forward to?

A couple of cans on the train.
Arriving at Falmer and the excitement of joining the crowd of people back at The Amex (after my home it is just about my favourite place to be)
The walk up the slope and feeling "proud" of the stadium and surrounds. I like stuff like the band and the AITC football going on outside - also the newer food and drink outlets. I keep an eye out for away fans and, depending a bit on who they are, wonder about what they make of it all...
Entry to WSU. The sense of ownership that comes from my STH and knowing that I "belong" here and am entitled to enter the cathedral.
Getting to the top of the stairs.
Taking my seat around 7.15pm - meeting my brother/nephew(s)/friends there - watching our players warming up and the ground slowly filling (OK, that pleasure may be a bit restricted tonight...)
Fanzone and the pre-match pantomime (all a bit tongue in cheek)
Sussex by the Sea (hopefully done properly and with pride)
The Main Event - The Match. All the usual features present. Hopeful that it will be a "good one" and a win. Desperate for all the Albion players to do well (and temporarily silence the critics). Excited when certain players (fairly obvious which ones) get the ball. etc etc etc
A pie and a pint or two.
Clapping the players off.
Time in the concourse and a leisurely wending of the way home.

Can't wait...!!

AL-BION, AL-BION

sad read in anyone's book
regards
DR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tomorrow's thread. "Do you regret going to the Amex last night" ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here