Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to pay £14.95 to watch us vs WBA?

Are you going to pay £14.95 PPV to watch us play WBA?

• Yes

Votes: 41 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 261 79.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 27 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is quite key to me, and although I've largely been offline since this all broke, it was the point I raised on another thread. I can't be arsed to dig out my post again now, but I think the key numbers from 2018/19 were...

Liverpool on live 29 times
Albion on live 13 times
Huddersfield on live 8 times

A fan of each of these clubs with have a significantly different outlay to watch their clubs via PPV at £15 a pop. There should be a legitimate change to how fixtures are scheduled in the regular slots covered by Sky and BT subscriptions so that the outlay of a fan from each club isn't as disparate as we may expect it to be based on previous seasons.

I agree.

But with such a change of terms, see the consequences (above).

Negociable, of course, however. Let's see...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This time last year, if we were offered a legal way to watch each Albion away game for £15 - invite some mates round if you want, and spread the cost - it would have been heralded as a giant step forward in fan accessibility to watching their team.

Spot on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Started off as ‘No’ and ‘Canceling my Sky subscription’.

Having calmed down and read the facts about this, I’ve come round to ‘yes’.

Barber will be fighting tooth and nail to get fans back ASAP, I’m now supporting him in the meantime.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is quite key to me, and although I've largely been offline since this all broke, it was the point I raised on another thread. I can't be arsed to dig out my post again now, but I think the key numbers from 2018/19 were...

Albion on live 13 times

A fan of each of these clubs with have a significantly different outlay to watch their clubs via PPV at £15 a pop. There should be a legitimate change to how fixtures are scheduled in the regular slots covered by Sky and BT subscriptions so that the outlay of a fan from each club isn't as disparate as we may expect it to be based on previous seasons.

wp.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would guess appearances have been based on whether you are top 6, whether you are deemed a good watch and then later in year the relegation battle.

Up to lock down Brighton had been on television 42 times whilst in the PL; twice on Amazon, 3 times on BBC (FA cup) , 13 times on BTSport including 3 cup FA Cup games and 24 times on SKY. If we discount the CUP and Amazon then a third of our games have been on SKy/BTsport Television and that was the expected norm for me this year unless we became that must watch team (tho think that will be Leeds in all honesty). So PPV opens up more opportunities.

I would rather pay to see us play WBA with potential of beating them that watching us get hammered by Man City again. In truth I will probably watch them all. Not going to home games saves me between £20-£35 on drink, food and travel (bus from pub) let alone the rebate or offset against next year.

Must admit though I hate watching us on TV.

Going to a game costs me the entrance (£30? I really don't know - West Upper ST); petrol £15, parking £15 (?). About £60. I won't add in food and drink because (and **** me sideways) I eat and drink every day anyway. But the time....probably 3.5 hours on the road; with all the faffing the day is gone.

Don't get me wrong, when I am not at risk of a messy death from Covid I'll be back like a shot. But as for the costs.....none of the above will be spent once I get reimbursed. And I can pay £15 to watch the game.

I am still looking for a suggestion for a better arrangement. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Started off as ‘No’ and ‘Canceling my Sky subscription’.

Having calmed down and read the facts about this, I’ve come round to ‘yes’.

Barber will be fighting tooth and nail to get fans back ASAP, I’m now supporting him in the meantime.

Good man. Wise words. Initial outburst understandable. With Boris at the helm, one constantly feels that someone is about to rob you, shag your sister and burn down your house. :thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Albion on live 13 times

I only really want to watch Brighton so I don't have a subscription to SKY, any Brighton game they televise already costs me £9.99. If i had a Skysports subscription then to view those 9 games in 2028/2019 would cost me 12*£30 /9 (Sky games ) so £40 pound a game.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thanks - that's the very table I posted.

Also: thanks, for letting me know my memory does work, sometimes.

It’s a good point worth repeating.
Fans will have quite a significantly different outlay via the ppv route

Not for home games, no. Think we as fans have to make a stand on this, it’s a very dangerous precedent for how the club will treat us.

I think this viewpoint is more covered by a no vote, tho I may pay for away games as I do regard that as an extra service rather than making me pay twice for an existing one.

It’s really disappointing to hear Barber say access codes can’t be organised for season ticket holders when rugby clubs with far less resources have done precisely that

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

I'm driving home from work when most of it is on. It's probably against the law to watch Sky when doing so.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Landed in the similar place as [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION]. I was initially pissed off as I give the cable companies too much already but the sound points from those on here, notably HWT, have persuaded me to get on board. I miss the Albion too much to, well, miss the matches. I rarely change my mind from NSC so feel quite good about this :lolol:.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes.

We all have different circumstances and I respect everyone has to make their own decisions.

But whether we like it or not, football is a business, PB is undoubtedly trying his best for the fans, and rather than expect TB to constantly pick up shortfalls, I believe where we can, we should try and support him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Going to a game costs me the entrance (£30? I really don't know - West Upper ST); petrol £15, parking £15 (?). About £60. I won't add in food and drink because (and **** me sideways) I eat and drink every day anyway. But the time....probably 3.5 hours on the road; with all the faffing the day is gone.

Don't get me wrong, when I am not at risk of a messy death from Covid I'll be back like a shot. But as for the costs.....none of the above will be spent once I get reimbursed. And I can pay £15 to watch the game.

I am still looking for a suggestion for a better arrangement. :shrug:

Charge a tenner, same as the EFL?

I can watch Glastonbury for nothing on the BBC, or go there in a five hour journey,, get covered in mud for a few days, find a hippy taking a dump in my tent whilst attempting to steal anything of value and be ripped off for half cooked burgers, falafel and bottles of water...before attempting to leave but finding my car blocked in by a **** in BMW then take three hours to exit the car park.

I’d still take the latter option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here