Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you expecting January bids for our top players?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bids for one or two who aren't likely to see much, if any, first team action again would be welcome, though. Elvis, Ince and JFC perhaps?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Plenty of rumours - Posssibly a few chancers bidding but they'll all be told to do one. We simply ain't selling any key first team players this window. We'll have 2 strong rumours where we all worry but nothing will come of them. That's my guess.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I honestly don't think anybody would want to leave, we have a very tight knit group of players that all want to achieve the same goal.

Our stars as we call them, all know there will be no shortage of interest for them in the Summer whether we achieve that goal or not.

So then it's just a case of the club accepting bids, and unless we're talking outrageous sums then they will all be turned away.

The one and only concern is Dale, who if I understand correctly, can begin to talk to other clubs around the end of March? That said, I think he will have signed himself up to the cause by then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTE Nixonater
The one and only concern is Dale, who if I understand correctly, can begin to talk to other clubs around the ed of March? That said, I think he will have signed himself up to the cause by then.[/QUOTE]

I do hope that you are correct with that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are in a fantastic position,the bids will come-for sure-it's going to be interesting,its a bit win win for most concerned really,unless you are the chairman of the bidding club/s.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you expecting January bids for our top players?
Of course.

We know how strong the will is from the club to keep the top performers if humanly possible. And I expect them to every bit as resistant in January as they were in the summer towards any predators.
You expect wrong. The club will be much more resistant. We're 2nd in the league, 8 points clear of any rival, and strong odds on to finish top 2 - there's no way we'll sell anyone important unless the money allows us to strengthen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it would almost be remiss of Fat Sam to let the window go by without making some derisory bids for Dunk and Stephens just to unsettle our players
I don't think it should unsettle our players, given our position. I would think Chris or someone should be telling our players something like this:
If you're young and not getting bids from PL clubs, something's wrong. There will be bids for you, and given the position of the club, those bids will obviously be rejected. You will have your chance to play in the PL starting next season, so long as you keep going.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, unless a big clubs comes in for one of them, then they may choose to stay and get promotion
No, even if a big club comes in, they will stay. The prize 4 years ago wasn't quite as insane as it is now, and Palace were in nowhere near as good a position as us, but they still managed to hold on to Zaha by agreeing a fee and loan back deal.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a fascinating situation, and we are a great 'test case' for so many other clubs who want to get up, but haven't been up already (or not recently) and have no parachute payments.

Basically you get so many goes at the prize with the same players. One year, two years, three years, five years, whatever your owner can afford, and then the team breaks up, and you have to rebuild and come again. Happened a bit with Derby. And you have to get there before it happens, and it is getting harder and harder.

Makes you realise once again how privileged we have been to have watched the team for the past couple of years, and what it has cost to provide that challenge.

double dip dave

Nov 1, 2016
Dunk has to be our most valuable asset and has to be worth considerably more than the 10 million figure that is banded about wonder what figure would change Tony Blooms mind

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Nobody is leaving unless we want them to. Trust Tony.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Dunk is the one I suspect...
AFter the last transfer window, Dunk is going nowhere this season, hence signing another new contract.

I think you only have to listen to the fans forum Tony Bloom gave in Bristol, to confirm the clubs stance. No one is going anywhere this season who we don;t want to move, but if we fail to go up, expect the likes of Dunk and some others to get their Premiership moves this summer.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
If it's about money he would be in a better position to leave now provided he didn't put a transfer request in. If we voluntarily sold him in January we would pay up the rest of his contract, he would get a signing on fee and his new wages at his new club. So the difference between leaving now or in the summer is about 6 months worth of wages, presumably on a better contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here