Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you enthused about who we might get in

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where is that head shaking emoji?
Well, if I manage to put half a smile on someone's face, it's job done as far as I'm concerned :wink:

(Sadly it will probably be on the face of someone who had a whole smile on their face before they read my post).

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I am remaining dispassionate about the whole affair. Not very exciting, i suppose and while I have an eye on it, I am not particularly invested in any of the favourites for the job. I don't think any of our appointments under Tony were publiscised favourites and most were completely left field.

That said, i will throw a private tantrum if it does turn out to be Potter.
How private can you make a tantrum? Do you mean just going into a room in your house and jumping up and down and trashing it? Or a REALLY inward one. Where you're sitting on a bus with internal angry fireworks going off, but all the outside world can see is a rictal grin and one of your eyelids flickering?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am as enthused about the Euros as I am about who we’ll end up with as manager. Managers are a theme here

You expecting much from Wee Billy and the boys?
Oh yes. Starting with the opening game where he'll turn Pascal Gross inside out like a slowly turning thing. And make Denis Undav look like the slower lardier version of Maupay that he clearly always was for us and remains so to this day :thumbsup:

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
How private can you make a tantrum? Do you mean just going into a room in your house and jumping up and down and trashing it? Or a REALLY inward one. Where you're sitting on a bus with internal angry fireworks going off, but all the outside world can see is a rictal grin and one of your eyelids flickering?
Or a Tom & Jerry style run over the horizon to somewhere quiet and then have a benny?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Oh yes. Starting with the opening game where he'll turn Pascal Gross inside out like a slowly turning thing. And make Denis Undav look like the slower lardier version of Maupay that he clearly always was for us and remains so to this day :thumbsup:
Bookmarked for a bounce :lolol:

Germany 4 Scotland 1

Gross 1, Undav 3, Wee Billy 1

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
When will the potter lovers realise he screwed us over and didn't give us a 2nd thought and he will never come back.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
The latter, i'll probably be clenching hard enough to crack a hazelnut.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
And if we’re thinking that - our targets might just be thinking the same thing …

This isn’t as simple as it looks… Roberto has undermined us with his constant recruitment bashing… that and other coaches, rightly or wrongly, rate him highly… yet we presented near relegation form over half the season… injuries aside, it’s hardly a ringing endorsement for an incoming head coach.
This is my worry too. We can make whatever excuses we want about injuries or De Zerbi being a sulky bastard, but ultimately it doesn't matter what we convince ourselves of. It matter what prospective coaches think. If they look at the final table and see us in 11th, that's not bad. If they look a little deeper and look at our form over the last few months, they'll refuse to take Tony's calls anymore. There is no guarantee they'll look any deeper than that.

I fear that will limit our choices and exclude some of the sexier options that we might want.

We'll probably end up taking a big gamble on some unknown, get some boring mid table manager with lots of experience of not achieving very much but keeping teams up, or we're end up with Potter back.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This is my worry too. We can make whatever excuses we want about injuries or De Zerbi being a sulky bastard, but ultimately it doesn't matter what we convince ourselves of. It matter what prospective coaches think. If they look at the final table and see us in 11th, that's not bad. If they look a little deeper and look at our form over the last few months, they'll refuse to take Tony's calls anymore. There is no guarantee they'll look any deeper than that.

I fear that will limit our choices and exclude some of the sexier options that we might want.

We'll probably end up taking a big gamble on some unknown, get some boring mid table manager with lots of experience of not achieving very much but keeping teams up, or we're end up with Potter back.
If they don't look any deeper than that, then they aren't the right candidate for us.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

It’s a bit grim for sure… a reality check ? Maybe… obviously I hope we appoint a brilliant and loyal (lol) coach… however the odds of us repeating the RDZ trick are slim…

That said, it’s not all doom and gloom, and we’ll give the new guy a chance I’m sure 👍

Yey 😂

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
When I see the names on the list, not really. I am just hope it someone else not being linked and a surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here