Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you enthused about who we might get in

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not too worried about who we get in as manager. Have faith that we’ll get someone decent.

More worried about our player dealings this summer. Have less faith that we’ll get the numbers or quality we need.
And if we’re thinking that - our targets might just be thinking the same thing …

This isn’t as simple as it looks… Roberto has undermined us with his constant recruitment bashing… that and other coaches, rightly or wrongly, rate him highly… yet we presented near relegation form over half the season… injuries aside, it’s hardly a ringing endorsement for an incoming head coach.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Even though there's been no leaks from within Brighton there is plenty of smoke and enough logic to say McKenna was out first choice, complicated by Ipswich getting promoted and then by Chelsea's new wheeze of poaching our staff before they get here.
It's just hoping for an exciting appointment from the first couple of candidates below him, whoever they may be.
I'm equally sure there's some completely 'meh' names below them, but why get all antsy about that when they'll either be either unexpectedly successful or gone in a season.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I've not seen any actual credible link to him.
To be fair, credible links are in short supply for most of the touted names. McKenna seems to be the only one the assorted press is confident about.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The thoughts of Martin, Moyes and Southgate have brought this on

Those names are enough to send anyone into a state of severe depression. At the end of the day they are names thrown about by the media.

Look when RDZ was appointed there were loads of names mentioned but RDZ was the top of TB/PB list and the only one interviewed and no one in the media got that right.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As I've got older I've got more pessimistic, so my feelings are doom. Total doom. 'Peak Albion' has passed. We should sell the Amex and move back to Withdean. I don't believe we can go on pulling rabbits out of hats and I think next season will be a disaster. To paraphrase Lord Edward Grey on the eve of the first world war: The lamps are going out all over Sussex. We shall not see them lit again in our lifetime.

Mind you I also felt like that when Potter left, so hopefully I'll be wrong again.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm not especially enthused by any of the candidates - really only because every one of them is a risk, just as RDZ was. I do worry that so many of the players were completely invested in the aura of RDZ and might find it difficult to take to a new coach - especially one who almost certainly won't have PL experience. I guess if we got a Hansi Flick or a Zidane this might not be a problem 😃. Which is not to say I don't trust the club to find an amazing appointment and I'm not excited for the future but I worry that we might have to prepare ourselves for things to be a bit tricky for a bit.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It depends who it is!

One thing that does bring me down a bit though is the idea that we are just one of the sharks in the chummed water rather than something a bit different and special. Given everything we've experienced over the last few year. The head patting from other bigger clubs fans about 'knowing your place' or 'soon be sliding back to where you came from' the 'teams like brighton' rhetoric even as we were taking some of these teams pants down playing good football. Then this being amplified by all media outlets who were desperate to sell and move on any nice thing we were associated with the second we got to enjoy it ourselves - Potter going the second things clicked, Enciso who no one had heard of until a couple of screamers against big clubs suddenly NEEDS to be moved to Man City etc etc. Fergusons head being stoved in by rumours of being our next 100 million transfer after scoring a couple of goals at the age of 5.

AND THEN the indignity of resisting all that to find that in general it does actually then just happen!

Potter won't go eh? Humble guy, knows hes onto a good thi...hang on who's that standing next to Todd Boehly in a gilete and hipster fade?

Hes just a humble lad from Ecuador, i think he knows he needs another season or two to really...oh his new agent said WHAT on Instagram?.... hang on who's that standing next to Todd Boehly in his new Lakers hat, diamond earring and Gucci washbag?

Jewel you say? Well he's certainly the Spanish speaking jewel in the crown of our South American scouting department,promoted following careful succession planning over....hang on who's that standing next to...

Etc etc.

I know it's the world we operate in but I'd love us to pull a weird one out of the bag. Just be a bit different. Take heart from Atalanta last night. Developing 'differently' from the rest of seria A for 10 years with loads of ups and downs but a clear median trajectory.

I mean there's no way Mckenna would come here,, but wherever he goes. And he will, you've got to feel sorry for Ipswich fans. The journey they've been on, considering their illustrious history. The second they get something nice and shiny...

' he won't do it. Not to us. We've got a special bond. He's different...hang on, who's that next to Todd Boehly?'

Welcome back to the big time guys! Its grindingly tedious!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
PB will have been delighted to see all those saleries and rents walk out of door. His ideal replacement will be Potter who after earning fortune at Chelsea will be more concerned about quality of life for family then money . Already has accomadation and wont bring 8 people with him. All music to PBs ears

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or have you, like me, got a feeling of potential incoming DOOM now?

Of course the club may pull out another rabbit from the hat but there seems to be a dearth of managers I can get enthusiastic about. I am mostly in for McKenna but that seems to be drifting away from us now.

All very well having succession planning in place but what if none of the first few choices are available to us?

Sorry for the overly negative thread but this has now been dragging on much too long :lolol:

Keeping the faith…just!

If mods think this is a thread too many please merge with whichever one you want but I couldn’t find one that I thought covered the above

The thoughts of Martin, Moyes and Southgate have brought this on
I am sure you can learn more about what's likely to happen if you do a bit of research.

Like you did with the labour manifesto :wink:

Seriously, with no obvious exciting names now in the frame, and my total lack of knowledge about who is performing well for clubs around Europe, playing the sort of footballs we like, bringing young players through, etc., and being too busy/lazy to do any research, I too share your slight disquiet about the possible morbid paleness of the incoming appointment.

And strangely all I can think of is Pards, Suey, Curbs, Fat Sam, Bielsa, and Moysie.

Hang on, we have a new applicant. Here's his letter:

And if you have five seconds to spare
Then I'll tell you the story of my life:
I said: "I like it here - can I stay?
I like it here - can I stay?
Do you have a vacancy
For a Back-scrubber?"

Sorry, been listening to the Smiths again.
I think I'll have some lunch now. :thumbsup:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I am remaining dispassionate about the whole affair. Not very exciting, i suppose and while I have an eye on it, I am not particularly invested in any of the favourites for the job. I don't think any of our appointments under Tony were publiscised favourites and most were completely left field.

That said, i will throw a private tantrum if it does turn out to be Potter.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am sure you can learn more about what's likely to happen if you do a bit of research.

Like you did with the labour manifesto :wink:

Seriously, with no obvious exciting names now in the frame, and my total lack of knowledge about who is performing well for clubs around Europe, playing the sort of footballs we like, bringing young players through, etc., and being too busy/lazy to do any research, I too share your slight disquiet about the possible morbid paleness of the incoming appointment.

And strangely all I can think of is Pards, Suey, Curbs, Fat Sam, Bielsa, and Moysie.

Hang on, we have a new applicant. Here's his letter:

And if you have five seconds to spare
Then I'll tell you the story of my life:
I said: "I like it here - can I stay?
I like it here - can I stay?
Do you have a vacancy
For a Back-scrubber?"

Sorry, been listening to the Smiths again.
I think I'll have some lunch now. :thumbsup:

Where is that head shaking emoji? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here