Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you enthused about who we might get in

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Or have you, like me, got a feeling of potential incoming DOOM now?

Of course the club may pull out another rabbit from the hat but there seems to be a dearth of managers I can get enthusiastic about. I am mostly in for McKenna but that seems to be drifting away from us now.

All very well having succession planning in place but what if none of the first few choices are available to us?

Sorry for the overly negative thread but this has now been dragging on much too long :lolol:

Keeping the faith…just!

If mods think this is a thread too many please merge with whichever one you want but I couldn’t find one that I thought covered the above

The thoughts of Martin, Moyes and Southgate have brought this on

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not too worried. Timescales wise doesnt make any difference if we get someone this afternoon or somone in 4 weeks.

We will get who we get

Hopefully they will be backed

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not too worried. Timescales wise doesnt make any difference if we get someone this afternoon or somone in 4 weeks.

We will get who we get

Hopefully they will be backed
True, who enthuses you on names mentioned?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmmm

It’s all a bit flat.

Succession planning relies on your plan a, b or c interviewing well and actually wanting the job following the correct process… any other method, for those contracted to other clubs, would be tapping up… sooooo, in reality our much publicised succession planning isn’t much more than an algorithmic wish list…

We are an attractive proposition of sorts, but RDZ walking whilst talking about our shortcomings has shown our hand rather publicly… thus the field reduces by a few % points… we’re clearly in a competitive vacancy market too, with some ‘big’ clubs hoovering up talent with a £ shaped vacuum…

We’re most likely going to go for plan d or even e … as such it’s rather difficult to get too excited.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Of course the club may pull out another rabbit from the hat but there seems to be a dearth of managers I can get enthusiastic about. I am mostly in for McKenna but that seems to be drifting away from us now.

All very well having succession planning in place but what if none of the first few choices are available to us?

Sorry for the overly negative thread but this has now been dragging on much too long :lolol:

Keeping the faith…just!

If mods think this is a thread too many please merge with whichever one you want but I couldn’t find one that I thought covered the above

I'd guess many have same hopes and doubts. The truth is nobody knows who or what is on the the alleged "continuation plan".

It may well be none of those above, and in case of Moyes and Southgate I'd be gobsmacked if they ever made it on any list, if Martin is on, it will be a data driven inclusion but hwo knows if he is? Seems likely McKenna might me? but maybe he too isnt for one reason or another and its some foreign fella none of us have heard of, a bit like RDZ was until he came.

Que Sera Sera...............

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Hmmmmm

It’s all a bit flat.

Succession planning relies on your plan a, b or c interviewing well and actually wanting the job following the correct process… any other method, for those contracted to other clubs, would be tapping up… sooooo, in reality our much publicised succession planning isn’t much more than an algorithmic wish list…

We are an attractive proposition of sorts, but RDZ walking whilst talking about our shortcomings has shown our hand rather publicly… thus the field reduces by a few % points… we’re clearly in a competitive vacancy market too, with some ‘big’ clubs hoovering up talent with a £ shaped vacuum…

We’re most likely going to go for plan d or even e … as such it’s rather difficult to get too excited.
Exactly, that is now my worry

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I remain enthused, and will continue to be so right up until the club announce any one of Russell Martin, David Moyes or Graham Potter.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hmmmmm

It’s all a bit flat.

Great post.
Spot on for me - feel a little flat…..

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
There is no need to worry. Barber has always made clear that the succession plan includes all the usual data mining and is regularly updated for availability.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Keeping the faith…just!

No doom here - it's like a pretty tame rollercoaster for me.

With McKenna bringing a promising-looking high (without being vertigo-inducing), only for that to drop with Chelsea's interest & progress.

There are plenty of names touted that would just never happen - Moyes, Southgate, Pochettino - so they barely register a hump up or down.

There are interesting names out of left field e.g. Rydström and then the likes of Gallardo (who would be AMAZING - what a coup if we could get him...)

Then there's the churn of names like Farioli, Martin, and of course POTTER. What an amazing meltdown from some if our Graham came back :lolol:

What will be (it is what it is :lolol:) and given their past record of appointments, I reckon TB and PB will find another good'un, so will continue to be relaxed about the outcome, but interested in all the speculation.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm fully enthused for the new coach unless it's Martin or an old school Moyes type. Best if I have never heard of them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm not enthused at all.

In fact the whole situation is a downer for me. It was a big blow to "mutually" part with RDZ and anyone following is in his shadow.

So, I'm not fussed who we get... and as for the list of touted names - just underwhelming.

Eventually we'll see, I suppose.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Nope. Not enthused at all.

Takes me a few matches to lose my attachment to the previous boss.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Enthused? No. Intrigued, hell yeah. I find the whole process fascinating and I'm convinced that a lot of the media speculation is just that: speculation. Most of it is based on easily manipulated odds on betting sites and we've not confirmed any active interest in anyone.

The difference this time is that our approach for Potter and De Zerbi was leaked almost immediately and they were clear no. 1 choices. This time, we don't know who the no. 1 choice is. Could be anyone. I suspect that all will be clear by early next week.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm not enthused at all.

In fact the whole situation is a downer for me. It was a big blow to "mutually" part with RDZ and anyone following is in his shadow.

So, I'm not fussed who we get... and as for the list of touted names - just underwhelming.

Eventually we'll see, I suppose.
Marcelo Gallardo is underwhelming? o_O

Jimmy Grimble

Not too worried about who we get in as manager. Have faith that we’ll get someone decent.

More worried about our player dealings this summer. Have less faith that we’ll get the numbers or quality we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here