Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you enjoying this season?

Are you enjoying this season?

• Total voters

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The style of football is boring. Too many long balls, too many wasted punts at goal from thirty yards out, too much "to me, to you" between our centre backs.

To be carefully distinguished from last year, when the style of football was boring. Too many short passes, the tikka-takka stuff, and all that....

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This season the football was marginally less boring than last year up until a few games ago when we reverted back to the negative holding of the ball in our own half, mainly because we have been devoid of positive ideas. So, having thought I was in for a bit of a treat, my football life has gone back to being unfulfilled. So, no.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No. I'm definitely not enjoying this season. The players seem to be playing out of any natural position they may have, and they have seem to have been told to runaround like kids at playtime. From the Southampton friendly, I said to anyone that was going to listen, that playing in that manner, we would be in a relegation battle.

Also. I knew that keeping my season ticket was highly unlikely, and the club were not very helpful at all, and in one case quite rude. I do realise that time and the Club have moved on, but I feel a little discarded.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I couldn't understand what on earth those people were going on about when they said they were enjoying us not winning because we were having lots of shots that we werent scoring. I think this season has been rubbish.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I enjoyed Oscar grinding out results with barely anyone fit to choose from last year. This season we've been awful - I don't find it exciting see my team charging around the pitch with no sensible purpose

This. All those who moaned last season should have been careful what they'd wished for.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No.
But mostly because of the insentient whining from a lot of fans who suddenly seem to believe they are privileged and can't cope if something is slightly wrong. The fans used to be united in their support, now we are just separate and believe they have some divine right to success or pies or a car parking space...

This is the most depressing thing.

Wise words. This is the one aspect I'm really not enjoying - the infighting.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
For the first time at the Amex I can honestly say I'm not enjoying it this season, It's not so much the lack of wins and the league position as you get that and it can be turned around. What's really hacking me off is we've lost nearly all the quality we had on the pitch and we now resemble an average league one side trying to play in the championship with tactics that appear to be confusing the players as much as the fans, We needed to make a few quality signings in the summer to keep the momentum going but we failed to do that and a long summer of constant dithering and indecision is now biting us firmly on the bum. In my opinion Tony Bloom and his team have got it very wrong this season on the playing side and it's up to them to rectify that mistake before it's too late.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've taken my 7 year old to three games - Wednesday, Bolton and 'Boro. He was bored @&£@less at two of them. I'm scared to take him again as I'm desperate that he grows up blue and white.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes still enjoying it. Not so bothered about getting to the premiership, just enjoying going to the football with my children and friends. That's what it's all about.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I love so many aspects of football. From what others see as boring tactical affairs through to the flairniac stuff. Which means I actually enjoyed watching when Oscar was in charge, and sorry but I like patient, possession football.

However this season I think the tactics suck, we are lacking by way of flair unless Bruno or Kaz are on the pitch (yeah if Paddy got the ball more he could be included).......

There's just not that much to find interesting. Players running around very fast while the ball is hoofed up to the diminutive striker doesn't entertain me. I think on saturday my favourite bit was Greer, Dunk, JFC and Bennett passing the ball between them.....

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
I'm going yes. For now. We've largely played quite well and I do genuinely believe we've been unlucky to not win more. Some bad luck is undoubtedly our own doing however, but i would settle for a "you score three and we'll score four" gameplan.

Saturday was very poor though and I don't want to see too much more of that.

Couldn't agree more - a team makes its own luck though. Its a lack of purpose seemingly almost panic when they find themselves within range of goal - far easier to pass across the area or back - not helped by there being no one in front of the ball

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No.
But mostly because of the insentient whining from a lot of fans who suddenly seem to believe they are privileged and can't cope if something is slightly wrong. The fans used to be united in their support, now we are just separate and believe they have some divine right to success or pies or a car parking space...

This is the most depressing thing.

Good shout. Agreed. I've enjoyed more of what I have seen on the pitch this season than last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here