Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you bothered...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I would be really bothered if I upset somebody unintentionally, and over the years I have and apologised every time. However, I am someone for whom the term 'doesn't suffer fools gladly' was probably invented. As a consequence I have answered people I believe are being deliberately foolish quite sharply. This has resulted in accusations of everything from from sarcasm to being condescending (normally when I put forward an argument in increasingly simple terms). There I go again :shrug:

I'm sure this is very annoying, but having very strict morals, I never revert to insulting people with the exception of a single poster (now permanently banned) who had already had a number of bans themselves (and had to have their NSC name changed) for racism and homophobia and to be honest, was just a stupid **** :wink:

I never set out to upset anybody, but sometimes I get caught up in the moment and don’t always see the big picture.

I just feel really shitty, that what are to me, sometimes throw away comments can cause upset to others. It gets at me deep down and just reinforces the destructive nature of social media.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
NSC is the only social media I actively use.

I try not to get involved in the hate on here eg politics (I really like lot of Brexiteers, Remainers, Lefties and moderately Right). Why despise someone just because they hold opposing, legal, non-vile viewpoints?

Clashes often happen late at night (knackeredness, alcohol)? Easy to get het up in the moment, then regret it the next day.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yes, I apologize if I have done so.

Apologise for your American spelling you lump of crap! It’s bad enough with everyone watching movies and seasons these days (Autumn was a pretty decent watch though), plus people talking about their frickin’ driving licenSes on here, without ‘apologize’ on top for fark’s ache!

Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light....

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Oh, and if one goes too far, frantic backtracking is highly recommended. If that fails then making light of it with a bit of self-effacing comedy often pays dividends. Gosh, I'm so overweight! (Copywrite [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION])

In all seriousness, I am really bad at knowing when I've caused offense. In my tiny brain, I imagine my vituperation is received with 'oh, goodness, me, how right you are. I made a foolish comment. Must do better', whereas it's more like 'why has that fool randomly called me a **** for no reason?'.

Coat! Taxi! Beam me up, Scotty! :wink:

I like to think you know you’ve caused me no offence (with a comment not directed at me) and hope you take my response in the spirit in which it was intended, just responding (purely for giggles) in a similar tone to that you’d taken. If not, at least take the comment in the spirit in which I’m currently marinating (whisky).

Have a lovely evening Harry (and all) and if I’ve gone too far then so be it, please refer to my original post on the thread, apologising if I’ve upset anyone. [emoji854]

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
NSC is the only social media I actively use.

I try not to get involved in the hate on here eg politics (I really like lot of Brexiteers, Remainers, Lefties and moderately Right). Why despise someone just because they hold opposing, legal, non-vile viewpoints?

Clashes often happen late at night (knackeredness, alcohol)? Easy to get het up in the moment, then regret it the next day.

That's the way it should be. I've got friends and family with differing views but I love them all the same. I've opened up my house long before the war in Ukraine and my family and I have given a a permanent home and never ending love to one that needed it and yet some idiots on here like to judge me as a fascist because I voted and would again for Brexit. Judge lest ye be judged.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's the way it should be. I've got friends and family with differing views but I love them all the same. I've opened up my house long before the war in Ukraine and my family and I have given a a permanent home and never ending love to one that needed it and yet some idiots on here like to judge me as a fascist because I voted and would again for Brexit. Judge lest ye be judged.

That’s exactly why I try not to judge. I have loved ones, a lifelong friend and good colleagues who voted Brexit. Hasn’t affected our relationships. I like a debate, not an exchange of insults.

When it comes to (unrelated) stuff such as racism/antisemitism, Covid denial, harming wildlife or nature, I’ll admit I despise the views. Taking the p@ss out of the devout proponent and their bullsh@t is a nice way to get it off my chest. No later regrets here if the antisemite or similar doesn’t like it.

Stumpy Tim

I bother to listen to people who have an ounce of truth. During Covid I was shocked to find Kay Burley and generally Sky News was very good. I had always assumed she was a Murdoch stooge but she's excellent

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course, it depends. I mean, if there are any sociopathic dictators positing on here under an alias then they can go feck themselves. Equally any little old ladies from the WI who may have been upset about my opinion on whether jam or cream goes on a scone first, then I humbly apologise…

(…btw, it’s the jam obviously yer daft old Doris, why on earth would it ever be the cream eh?!)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Apologise for your American spelling you lump of crap! It’s bad enough with everyone watching movies and seasons these days (Autumn was a pretty decent watch though), plus people talking about their frickin’ driving licenSes on here, without ‘apologize’ on top for fark’s ache!

Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light....

:) It’s the goddam spell checker that should be apologizing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I probably have upset some people with posts. Most often due to too much wine. I apologise if I am aware of it and if I have missed anyone out then I am sorry :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can’t see how you could upset someone unless you were either doing it deliberately or being ignorant. But yes, it would bother me if I’d upset someone. Unless it was say, one of the recently banned racists. They can gargle my nut sack.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Arguments on-line aren't good for our mental health because they are rarely resolved and so we stew on them longer.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So the $100 question is, who have you ****ed up today, [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION], you Westerly Swale B'stard? ???
That would be me and it was while back with a grudge I had been harbouring over what was hopefully a misunderstanding/misreading/bad day bubbling over. Hopefully all resolved via PM and this wasn't my intent. It is the reason I try and limit myself to crap jokes these days as I have been doing this long enough that I still only post as I would speak in real life and take all responses as I would in kind. I get too emotionally involved with responses from anonymous people and will obsess. I should have confronted it there and then but after my first two attempts worsened the situation, I stepped back with a grudge. Not healthy as me biting over something innocuous this week shows. Maybe some people can take this as a salutary lesson - don't get involved in heated online discussions if you don't have the mentality to cope with it. Took me a long time to learn to step back and even now I will get involved when I shouldn't. A football forum should not be a place that takes up mental grinding over something someone you don't know typed. I have too much other crap to grind through.

BTW - just to let you know I am too old for a group hug.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is the only social media platform I use so I wouldn’t really get the chance to upset anyone outside of here. I would imagine Twitter would be the worst, it’s never appealed to me because I’m always hearing of “Twitter storms” and they sound simply ghastly.
It seems to be mainly arguing and judgment. I had quite enough of that from my last girlfriend, thank you so much.

I was on Instagram for a year but used it solely to ogle birds. That got boring so I deleted my account.

As for Tik Tok etc? I think that’s for the kids. I’m 45 years of age, I can’t do anything in ten seconds anymore :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here