Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are you aware

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Are you aware that the 10% discount for STH on goods purchased in the shops only applied if you put he money on your E Card and used that to pay for the goods and then the 10% is credited back to the card in the same way as buying food and drink in the concourse. I wasnt and spent £179 yesterday in the shop so missed out on £18. I realized I didnt have my ST with me and mentioned it and was told this. Had I had my ST I could have put the money on in the shop and then used it to buy the goods. Apparently this has been in place sInce we have been at The AMEX.

You can still pay cash at the wsu kiosks and get the 10% put on your card

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Are you aware that the 10% discount for STH on goods purchased in the shops only applied if you put he money on your E Card and used that to pay for the goods and then the 10% is credited back to the card in the same way as buying food and drink in the concourse. I wasnt and spent £179 yesterday in the shop so missed out on £18. I realized I didnt have my ST with me and mentioned it and was told this. Had I had my ST I could have put the money on in the shop and then used it to buy the goods. Apparently this has been in place sInce we have been at The AMEX.

Are you aware that we do not get a discount, whatever ever you buy using your ST costs exactly the same had to purchased it any other way, the new kit will not be bought at a discount.

The benefit is you get 10% CASHBACK to spend so this is not a discount at all

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you aware that we do not get a discount, whatever ever you buy using your ST costs exactly the same had to purchased it any other way, the new kit will not be bought at a discount.

The benefit is you get 10% CASHBACK to spend so this is not a discount at all
If you spend money at the club, it's as good as a discount.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't dispute that but its wrong to call it a discount when it is cash back - which you can only spend at the club
Some people are so pedantic :whistle:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People on here are so quick to have a pop at people.

OK, almost everyone realise this was the case, but some didn't. Does it really matter? The thread starter has helped a couple of people so not massively deserving of all the sarcasm.

It ISN'T a discount mind...that we can all agree on.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I bought some bits at Christmas but could only spend what was on my card at the time (£30 ish) and had to pay cash for the excess. I wasn't given the option to load my card with the extra.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Some people are so pedantic :whistle:

Me, pedantic :lolol:

However I think it is an important destinction - a family might want to preorder four new shirts - say £160 - and decide that's too expensive, on reading this thread they might think, "well £16 off we can just about afford that". They go to the club shop get to the till and expect to be charged £144 but are infact charged £160 with £16 added to their card which they cannot then use until August at the ealiest to pay for food etc.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Me, pedantic :lolol:

However I think it is an important destinction - a family might want to preorder four new shirts - say £160 - and decide that's too expensive, on reading this thread they might think, "well £16 off we can just about afford that". They go to the club shop get to the till and expect to be charged £144 but are infact charged £160 with £16 added to their card which they cannot then use until August at the ealiest to pay for food etc.

They could, however, load the card then buy 3 Shirts, get £12 discount, and use that towards the purchase of the 4th shirt.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, that's my understanding which is why I always whack a few quid on the card each month and allow the kids to bleed it dry throughout the month; safe in the knowledge that I've been given £20 .... for the £200 the kids have spent!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They could, however, load the card then buy 3 Shirts, get £12 discount, and use that towards the purchase of the 4th shirt.
Check out the brains on this one.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
e-card you say !!!!!!

When did this happen?

Only joshing......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here