Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you a smoker? Bloody well stop then.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Switched to vaping 3 years ago after being a steady leather lunged 20+ a day rolie man for 25 years. I still consider myself a smoker because I'm sucking on my nicotine vape stick 24/7 - but it's nice to know there's no actual smoke involved. And the best part is I prefer the taste of my cheesecake vape to the sludgy Golden Virginia flavour - and I've stopped coughing in the morning - like I used to cough for 20 minutes until jelly came out. I don't get brochitus anymore ever unlike the 4/5 times a year previously. Nowadays a cold just means a cold for a few days - not 3 weeks of hell.
I was convinced smoking would kill me in my late 50's, and it would have. I was borderline OPD in my early 30's. But nothing could help me stop - nicotine is crazy addictive. I've taken all the crazy drugs and loved them but I can cast them aside no problem - fags, the 'joyless' drug, got me.
I'm still addicted to nicotine and now I can enjoy it and my risks are akin to being a coffee addict because someone got around to inventing vaping - it's a life changer for me. Great.

The real positive though, is a knock on effect. Spending decades believing that my lungs would kill me before anything else, I realise now that I was playing hard and fast with my other organs. Why give a **** about your liver if you know your lungs will give out first? I was justifying trashing the rest of my body because I knew my life would end too pre-maturely anyway. As soon as I got over my smoking symptoms which were prevalent and quite extreme, I began to notice my drinking/partying symptoms and realised I had pains and problems elsewhere that were secondary to my constantly inflamed lungs. So I gave up booze for 2 months and the hepatitus/pancraetitus went away too.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A friend said you give up when you are ready to, which wasright for me. I dont know if this campaign helps or harangues( Prob both), but either offering help on giving up and or offering a support thread/network cant be a bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here