Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Are you a Pink Floyd fan?

Are you a Pink Floyd fan

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NSC has disappointed this old man so coming at it from another angle!

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I've got my original vinyl copy of Dark Side of the Moon and still put it on the record player now and again; but all of their other songs I like are spread out among their other albums, so DSotM is all I own.

And I hate Roger Waters.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've got my original vinyl copy of Dark Side of the Moon and still put it on the record player now and again; but all of their other songs I like are spread out among their other albums, so DSotM is all I own.

And I hate Roger Waters.

I have 2 vinyl copies, 5 CDs, the Immersion box, and the 50th anniversary box. And it's not even my favourite Pink Floyd album.

And I hate Roger Waters too. I have seen Nick, have all of the Rick, Syd and Dave solo output but no Roger.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
YES! most of their stuff, they peaked with The massed gadgets of Hercules.......................

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It seems everyone in around his rehearsals got tickets for a gig. Roofers, windows cleaners. Except muggins here who run around making sure his entourage and roadies and tour manager had WiFi. So no.

Disclaimer - I wouldn't have known the bloke if I had fallen over him so any expressed outrage is for comic effect and has no basis in reality. Over 18s only, drink responsibly, when the fun stops, stop and be aware you may lose your house if you fail to keep up repayments. Excludes NI. Offer Ends 2001.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Us Syd Barrett fans are slow to forgive. Boooo! Down with this kind of thing! etc.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
They fall into a rare category for me… they produced an album that really can’t be categorised, Dark Side is sonically amazing, musically insane and yet bizarrely soothing with it.

C S Lewis once said of Lord of the Rings, that it was both homely and diabolic - which I guess is what I’m trying to say.

Yet, having said all of that - they leave me cold… their music seems mathematical in its precision … with its complex equations belying some kind of joke I’m not privy to…

That and the protagonists to a man seem very serious, very dour and humourless… like a bunch of scientists searching for some universal meaning us mere mortals cannot comprehend… again, if there’s a club - I’m not in it.

I appreciate Dark… in the same way I admire complex engineering projects, wow ‘how clever’ but it all seems to lack soul… even though the music suggests otherwise.

One or two other tracks are exceptional too, but again exceptional in a calculated and almost AI manner.

Right, I’m off to listen to Uriah Heep 🎸

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Big fan of the music albeit not the Barratt years. Not really a great fan of DSOTM either but love Meddle, Animals, Wish You Were Here and the Wall. Agree that Rogers has become a bit of a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here