Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a MIFFY or a MILLY?

When making tea do you put milk in first or last?

• MIFFY - Milk In First

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • MILLY - Milk In Last

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters

Lush

Mods' Pet
Do you put milk in your tea first or last?

Personally I put it in last so I can make sure I get it the right colour (if you put too much in first, you run out of cup).

However Brovian says "if you put the milk in last you are middle class Tory scum! The politically-correct way is milk first, then tea. This is because in the olden days the hot water used to shatter the earthen mugs the workers used, so they put a splash of milk in first to cool it down. Rich Tory bastards with their high-quality bone china didn't suffer from this and would add the milk last.

There. Milk First! An NSC campaign I'm sure we can all agree on. "

What do you do?

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Milly innit! milk in first is just WRONG :nono:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Last for me!

This ensures I get the correct blend and colour for my preferred choice of evening refreshment.

Must be accompanied with 5, maybe 6 ginger-nut biscuits for a good dunkin!!

:clap:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh Lush that was a throwaway comment at the end of a very long thread that I think only about 5 of us were still reading. Now look, it's been exposed for all to see.

And I er, well, I er, sometimes, *scratches back of head* put the tea in first. Especially when I'm making it the lazy way with a teabag in a cup.

(Just editing as the last sentence didn't make sense)

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
sorry but i do truthfully put milk in first as i like milky strong tea.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
p06231ccn9c.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Milk ? MILK ???? Disgusting stuff !

Black is beatiful.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am a MILLY but I am not TORY SCUM:censored:

Milk last means I can check that the coffee is strong enough and black enough. It's Tory pansies who haveto make sure it's milky from the start!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Milk in FIRST, it's the only way and ALWAYS made in a pot.

If I ever go pikey (and those times are few and far between) and put the bag straight in a cup i'll put milk in last and have sugar which I won't have in a proper cup.

You idiots that put the millk in last obviously know f*** all about making tea.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I put the milk in last, because I am the kind of low-life pikey scum who makes his tea in a cup, and not a pot. Putting a naked teabag into milk, or pouring milk onto a teabag before the water...I dunno, it just doesn't feel right.

By the way, the word "miffy" is a mild slang word for vagina (in my house).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Warm pot with hot water and pour out after a couple of minutes when put is warm.

Bags into pot (1 per person + 1 for the pot)

And just boiled water.

Wait 4-5 minutes.

Pour sufficient milk into cup (when you've made a few cups you'll know how much to add).

Pour tea into cup over milk.

(No need for stirring)

Enjoy, possibly with some thinly spread marmite on toast.

*can't wait to get home*

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Easy 10 said:
I put the milk in last, because I am the kind of low-life pikey scum who makes his tea in a cup, and not a pot. Putting a naked teabag into milk, or pouring milk onto a teabag before the water...I dunno, it just doesn't feel right.

By the way, the word "miffy" is a mild slang word for vagina (in my house).

That's my second NSC-based erection of the day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I'm making for myself then it's milk in last, but if I'm making for many then a teapot is in order and milk goes in first whilst the team is left to brew.

So I'm not a milly or a miffy. But I do like MILF's.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't even know people poured milk in first when making a cup of tea. There are some sick people in this world!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ways of Making a Good Cup of Tea

White Tea (Tea with milk)

Should the milk be added before or after the teabag. Here are some opinions -

You need a British Racing Green chunky china tea-pot, enough to hold about a pint of water (small but perfectly formed).
Fill that pot with boiling hot water.
Then, while the kettle is reboiling take out three tea-bags, or even better 'prepare' (ie ensure you have) three heaped teaspoons of fresh packet tea.
One per cup and one for the pot. Here we have two cups.
Kettle boiled. Empty the other water, put into the teapot the tea and then cover vigorously with the new water. No hurry, allow this to brew for a few of minutes. Let the flavour flood out. But not too long or you'll get tannin attack.
In each of two good strong cups/mugs, (none of this frilly bone china nonsense), put a half teaspoon of white sugar.
Cover with tea from the pot (use a strainer if you used tea-leaves) and then dribble in a few spots of milk.
That's it. Ready for drinking.

A Brown Betty teapot. Use freshly drawn water, unless it's from a jug-type water filter (some purists will only use bottled water for their tea). The water with which you warm the pot doesn't have to be boiling, perhaps use a little water from the kettle just before it boils. The water should be at full boil when you pour it over the leaves, and always take the pot to the kettle, not the other way around. Depending on the type of tea used, infusing can take anything from two (for tea-bags) to five (for good quality loose tea) minutes. Keep your tea in a proper tea caddy, or similar airtight container. Sugar to taste (optional). Use the milk first and soya milk these days rather than cows milk.
Now, putting in the milk first
Saves having to wash up a spoon (unless you have sugar) as it...
produces a homogenous, homely, not-too-hot-not-too-cold, beverage, which...
Makes it nectar of the gods.
This method involves a good tea such as South African Kwazulu or a good Indian tea such as Assam, a large pot (1 litre or 2 pint), boiling water, pottery mugs, a tea strainer and biscuits.
Put 2 to 4 heaped teaspoons of tea in the pot (depending on preference) and when the kettle boils, fill the pot with water that is still boiling. Cover the pot with a tea cozy and leave for 3 to 5 minutes to allow the tea to brew.
Put a generous splash of semi-skimmed cows milk in each mug and pour the tea through a metal strainer.
You can refill the teapot from the kettle without reboiling it to allow for a second cup. This is, however, frowned upon by experts.
Then sit down with tea and biscuits of choice and enjoy.
Optional extras include the papers, a crossword, a good book, the cat, cake instead of biscuits, the list is endless.
Black Tea (without milk)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here