Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Fleetwood Mac fan?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Saw Peter Green play at the Komedia in Brighton in 2010. He looked a bit of a wreck physically - very bloated and frail looking - but he could still play, and knocked out many of the classics from the Albatross, Man of the World, Green Manalishi era as well as some of the earlier straight blues stuff from his days with John Mayall.
Such a shame he went off the rails so young, as he really was one of the greatest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've read a little on Peter Green and from what I can gather, of all the British musicians inspired by the Blues to pick up a guitar and play, he was considered the very best of his era. Would it be fair to say that? He paid one hell of a price for fame though. Mick Fleetwood got out pretty much unscathed except for a wobbly end to the 80s with some dodgy acting in the Running Man and playing straight man to Sam Fox.

He was definitely up there and an equal to Clapton (is God) for most music fans back then. Fame and LSD did for him. There is a very good documentary about him which I watched on a BA flight years ago.

Here is a snippet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC0DayWUY64

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheers for that. I'll have a look later. I was reading a Joe Bonamassa article where he named the top 5: Clapton, Kosssoff, Page, Beck and Green, with Green being the most under-rated in his opinion and the best songwriter out of all of those 5.

https://jbonamassa.com/saluting-the-top-5-british-blues-guitarists/

Unbelievably all of them bar Kossoff came through John Mayall's Blues breakers as did Mick Taylor. John Mayall certainly had the knack of finding brilliant guitarists

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This. Brilliant Album.

Saw a documentary on them some time ago, amazing that they stuck together with all the conflict and inter-personal relationship cr@p that was going on with them for years.
Same here but I'm buggered if I can remember what it was called, been looking for it for ages!!!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Saw them at the O2 literally this time 2 years ago. They were f ing incredible. Best i've seen live. They started off with The Chain... loved it. Really made a difference seeing all of them perform together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here