Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Collector?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Collect car registration plates, not just off old motors I and my family own, but different ones from around the world. I currently have around 60 on display in my garden bar / man cave. I try to get a plate from each country I visit.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I have 7, but never considered myself a collector, more a frustrated player who thinks buying a new one will make me better. Not worked so far.

Lol. Maybe a set-up would be a cheaper alternative. It does help if you're enjoying picking it up every time.
I have fourteen but tell myself I need them all for work. Which is bull**** obviously

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I seem to have a thing for Seiko watches made in the 60-70's. I seem to buy one every few months at the moment. They look cool, well made, affordable. I can't resist them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not so much these days, but back at my parents house I have all my video consoles and games boxed up. Ranging from master system to nes. Love getting them out to play whenever I'm back visiting!

What? Your parents?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Finding this all quite interesting.

Assuming you all keep your collections safe, how do you put a £££ value on it for insurance purposes.
God forbid a break-in or worse, a fire that destroys the entire collection - are you insured.

I also imagine your collections have significant sentimental value.
For example, it might be just an autograph to someone else, but to you, stood next to eg John Lennon at the time, its more than that [with memories].
How do you put a value on it and who agree's it's real worth.
Obviously, any collection, if destroyed would be very difficult / impossible to replace [uniqueness] - that must factor in too?

Just interested, like ....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finding this all quite interesting.

Assuming you all keep your collections safe, how do you put a £££ value on it for insurance purposes.
God forbid a break-in or worse, a fire that destroys the entire collection - are you insured.

I also imagine your collections have significant sentimental value.
For example, it might be just an autograph to someone else, but to you, stood next to eg John Lennon at the time, its more than that [with memories].
How do you put a value on it and who agree's it's real worth.
Obviously, any collection, if destroyed would be very difficult / impossible to replace [uniqueness] - that must factor in too?

Just interested, like ....
I'd be more p!ssed off that my home had burnt down

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No ICL 1904S?
I did actually work with ICL's - A DRS3000 I think with UNIX. Not sure I have room for one though. That might have been the one that had a good version of Rogue on it - that passed a night shift or two.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Old fishing reels, fixed spool not centerpin's, old Intrepids mitcells and Abu's mainly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here