Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we still short of strikers?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yes we are one top class finisher away from where we need to be. All our main rivals have at least one striker better than what we have. Unless hemed is going on a run like he never has in his career.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
GM is in there 25, so what ? He is not currently in the match day squad and Wilson is back v soon.
They could still loan him to us with an immediate call back option if required, that way he gets games if they do need him

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
GM is in there 25, so what ? He is not currently in the match day squad and Wilson is back v soon.
They could still loan him to us with an immediate call back option if required, that way he gets games if they do need him
I think that Brighton want GM and he wants to come to us. Eddie Howe knows we want him but is playing hardball. We just have to wait for the end of Feb and EH is a good mood. But things change and by the end of Feb we might not need GM.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Am I missing something here or are you ?
As Howe stated - he won't let Murray come here and as he's been named in their 25 man squad for the remainder of their season, by loaning him out, that would means they'd be short.
As far as I am concerned that's the end of the story

If only!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No we are well sorted
Yes, I think the squad we have is good enough. It would be nice to have another striker and a couple more full-backs, but not essential.

However, if a player becomes available who is substantially better than what we've already got, in any position - not just strikers and left backs -we should be interested. If we go up, we're going to have to strengthen anyway, and more than one of our current heroes will need to be replaced.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In all likelihood, we'll only have one striker fit enough to start against Hull - let's get some back up in.

Zamora played 70 odd minutes yesterday. Baldock was back fit and on the bench. Hemed had his sharpest game for weeks. And Wilson, by all reports, was rested as a pre-caution given Baldock's fitness. (and we have options like Murphy, Skalak, KLL playing centrally). Anyway How does all that then equal "one striker fit enough to start"

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Before we get carried away let's just do a reality check on which teams we have played in our four game winning streak:
Blackburn: Currently 19th in the table
Huddersfield: 17th
Brentford: 13th
Bolton: 24th

There will be much much tougher games to come starting with Hull on Tuesday. In my opinion we certainly need another striker and a full back on loan if we are to keep up with the leaders.

Hull lost to Preston and Rotherham over the last 10 games.

No easy games on the championship!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
My concern is that if we lose the guile of BZ,I just do not think that the remaining strikers,would score the goals that we need .

albionite

May 20, 2009
I think that Brighton want GM and he wants to come to us. Eddie Howe knows we want him but is playing hardball. We just have to wait for the end of Feb and EH is a good mood. But things change and by the end of Feb we might not need GM.

Pretty much this Bournemouth will not let us have him

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm still not convinced we need another striker as since we signed Knocky the service has improved and our strikers are scoring now, If we did sign another striker who's going to be dropped from the squad?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And Wilson, by all reports, was rested as a pre-caution given Baldock's fitness.

Not what you said yesterday:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?333872-James-Wilson

:p

I take your point about Hemed as he was the striker I was referring to. By fitness, I am talking about the ability to play 90mins. Judging by the way Hughton normally does things, he gives attacking players some sub appearances before starting them; I can't see him throwing in either Baldock or Wilson at the beginning against Hull. And do you really believe Bobby can start 2 games in 4 days?

Try and keep your posts consistent with each other in future! :wrong:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Before we get carried away let's just do a reality check on which teams we have played in our four game winning streak:
Blackburn: Currently 19th in the table
Huddersfield: 17th
Brentford: 13th
Bolton: 24th

There will be much much tougher games to come starting with Hull on Tuesday. In my opinion we certainly need another striker and a full back on loan if we are to keep up with the leaders.

so what ?

Derby and Boro couldn't beat MK Dons in the last 7 days.
Burnley in last 2 months have failed to beat Ipswich, Cardiff and QPR and lost to Boro and Preston.
Since beginning December Hull have lost to Preston, Rotherham, and Leeds.
Since beginning Dec Sheff Weds have lost to MK Dons, Boro and failed to beat Burnley, Reading and Cardiff despite being on a fine run.
Albion have already beaten Hull, Birmingham, & Ipswich this season and had away draws with Derby, Sheff Weds and Burnley but nonetheless lost to Rotherham and Wolves.

Every game is a tough game. Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday etc etc etc etc

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not what you said yesterday:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?333872-James-Wilson

:p

I take your point about Hemed as he was the striker I was referring to. By fitness, I am talking about the ability to play 90mins. Judging by the way Hughton normally does things, he gives attacking players some sub appearances before starting them; I can't see him throwing in either Baldock or Wilson at the beginning against Hull. And do you really believe Bobby can start 2 games in 4 days?

Try and keep your posts consistent with each other in future! :wrong:

Ha ! I was just quoting and repeating Naylor in the Argus as a source who said yesterday that he had a minor injury so not risked due to Baldock /other options being fit.
Can't guarantee i'll be consistent though :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can't see him throwing in either Baldock or Wilson at the beginning against Hull. And do you really believe Bobby can start 2 games in 4 days?

PS:Agreed but thats because I don't think he'll play two strikers against Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here