Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we so relaxed about Potter going to Everton ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably not,but nice to know just the same

If they really want GP,they might even go down the 'caretaker ' route
Until the right man is available

Of course I realise Watford was :fishing:
But let's face it,GP won't be at Brighton forever in a day
Hopefully he will let this one go by

I’m cynical after hearing Silva, Ancelotti and Rafa talk about leading out the players at Bramley Moore Dock.

Everton seem to do a whole load of talking, whilst the present is generally mayhem.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-want-marco-silva-manage-14766077

https://talksport.com/football/840364/carlo-ancelotti-everton-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock/

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-change-everything-rafa-benitez-21055434

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They just played the interview on radio five. I have never heard such a 'there is absolutely no chance I am leaving this club, unless in a wooden box' from a sitting manager touted for another job interview. He didn't even bother to say what a 'great club' Everton is. :bowdown:

:lolol:

Edit: oops - 'so that's a no to Everton then?'

'Ha! That's my answer'

He's off, then :facepalm:

He ain't going nowhere IMO....
Still unfinished business at the Albion, and as GP has said, the Albion have given him the chance.
It wouldn't be the same at other clubs.
Albion a family club, the rest all $$$ and wind.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Potter won't be offered a job that will tempt him away ( Man Utd, Liverpool etc. ) other than the England job after Southgate.

It'll be England that poach him and after that he'll walk into any top tier job shortlist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I doubt for 1 second he would go there.

Everton see themselves as a far bigger club and in relative terms expect a degree of success almost instantly, whether it be being in the top 7 or so or a cup win occasionally.

Potter's remit with the Albion has been to build from a stable base over time, bringing some of the younger players through from the U23's and a few shrewd acquistions along the way. The plan for the Albion is a far more long term pragmatic approach to develop and stabilise us as a club for the long term, whereas Everton want everthing yesterday.

To this end that's why Potter isn't a good fit for Everton as they would never give him the time to develop a system and squad over a 2 or 3 year period. They are another one of these clubs who seem to think they have a devine right to have some success (however you class that) almost each and every season. Even though the noisty geordies are in trouble, Potter would be a far more suitable candidate for them on a period of sustained growth from a low base, but in saying that, with all the money now available to them perhaps they would be as impatient as the Toffees fans seem to be?

That's why GP is currently in the perfect place, probably half way through his project with us, so I can't see him leaving unless he received an offer from somebody so ridiculous to turn down.

Last trophy, FA cup, 1994-5. Twenty two years ago. Since then the FA cup has been won by Portsmouth and Wigan.

Everton have never won the League cup.

OK, 14 top ten finishes in the last 10 years does represent some sort of dogged achievement, albeit nothing to inspire or thrill; not champagne, and barely a football semillon.

I am not so sure they want a Mourinho-style instant revolution there, now. I doubt they really know what they want, to be honest. Perhaps they may decide that building a club is The Thing :shrug:

That said, you're probably right, and they will indeed behave like a whizzed-up teenager looking for a foxy opportunity near chucking out time at the Top Rank ballroom, when they swoop to appoint a new supremo :lolol:.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you think he would hate it if I added a "ott" to the GP on his training outfit?

When does Chris Hughton come back?

I took you off ignore recently because I couldn't remember why I blocked you.

I see now you a ****ing annoying idiot. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Everton could sell the job very well

new stadium,bigger transfer funds

he left Swansea,ambitious fella obviously

I can see Everton becoming the new noisy neighbours,all this will coincide with Klopp leaving Liverpool

If Everton really want him,he'll take some keeping in my view

Time to change that “we are a small club that everyone wants to leave” mentality :thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Plenty of clutching at straws on the Everton forum. Someone even reckons he didn’t look straight at the interviewer when asked about Everton. They obviously haven’t watched many GP videos and are not as used as we are to the concentration levels he puts in to saying very little about anything. That Sky interview was about the most strident I have ever seen him on anything. I am quite enjoying the self inflicted humiliation a few of them are enduring on that forum though. Not their fault the club is run so badly though. We are very lucky to have Tony.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't want to stir up a hornets nest but I think we should be a bit careful here.
I don't think Potter would leave us for Everton but it is silly to say he definitely would not go if offered the job.
Absolutely zero loyalty in football we have all seen many managers leave for other clubs when they should not have gone.
The reason we think he would not go is because we have a very good manager and we are fans.
He would be stupid to leave for Everton though.
I

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I took you off ignore recently because I couldn't remember why I blocked you.

I see now you a ****ing annoying idiot. :shrug:

I don’t ignore him, I just speed read his bollocks and laugh, the guy is as close to Palace as an Albion fan can be. I have never (speed) read a single post from him that isn’t negative

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't want to stir up a hornets nest but I think we should be a bit careful here.
I don't think Potter would leave us for Everton but it is silly to say he definitely would not go if offered the job.
Absolutely zero loyalty in football we have all seen many managers leave for other clubs when they should not have gone.
The reason we think he would not go is because we have a very good manager and we are fans.
He would be stupid to leave for Everton though.
I

****, he’s going to Watford? GUTTED

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
didn't we spend best part of a decade enticing managers with plans and models of our new stadium? which for a very long time seemed a bit like Palaces new stand is now.

Definitely. Knight/Bloom and Moshiri would sell the future stadium.

But for Potter, with Everton’s record, what are the odds of him still being Everton manager in three seasons time?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It basically never happens that PL teams appoint coaches from other PL teams during the season. And it wont happen with GP and Everton.

Think he'll stay with Brighton for at least another 1.5 years, possibly much much longer.

he left Swansea,ambitious fella obviously

Anyone would leave Swansea. GPs replacement, Steve Cooper, even went to work interview with Palace in between two play-off games. The second part of the sentence is by the way just another reason to avoid Everton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here