Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we ready?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This is actually happening, isn't it?? Someone, please tell me I'm not going to wake up tomorrow to find that everything's been a dream since "that" free kick!?!? Because it certainly feels like it....

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ready or not, here we come. If we don't make it this year we will struggle to compete with premier league's relegated teams next season.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
PIG, Upson, Bridge, Bridcutt, Ulloa, David, Orlandi, Buckley, KLL would all get a good run in the Premier League, to prove themselves (much like when moving from League 1 --> Championship) I doubt many of them will be good enough though (namely Orlandi and KLL). We'd definitely need new midfielders, defenders and maybe a full-back too, as well as a decent striker to compliment ULLOA.

This team seems to have total confidence and unity between them and are so hard to beat, they understand each other and work well together. Whilst I am probably talking c r a p due to the vino I don't think we would do to bad with the majority of this team. Remember Newcastle x 2, Sunderland, Chelsea and the performance between Liverpool and Arsenal who incidently did not put a second string side against us in the cup. If this side do get us to the promise land then they should at least be given a chance to prove themselves as they have earned that chance. There's transfer windows to improve the team if all is going TU, furthermore everyone will expect us to fail so keep the faith in who got us there. Yeah I know Im drunk.

Can we please have a cushy home win on Saturday - 2 or 3 nil up at half time please. My old ticker can't take much more of this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
100% this, will be absolutely gutted if we dont make it now.
I feel I need to remind you that we're not likely to go up. We might not even make the playoffs, and if we do, only 1 team out of 4 goes up. It's what we want, but we need to be realistic and accept it's not that likely.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Look at the players we're attracting as a Championship club when our budget isn't even in the top 5 highest in the league... I think we'd attract a decent calibre of players, and do well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably not ready for the PL, but if your offered a chance to go up now, rather than have an uncertain chance last year - you would take it this year !!

£60 million parachute payment if we don't quite survive? Yeh, go with that - and bounce back up again stronger.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This team seems to have total confidence and unity between them and are so hard to beat, they understand each other and work well together. Whilst I am probably talking c r a p due to the vino I don't think we would do to bad with the majority of this team. Remember Newcastle x 2, Sunderland, Chelsea and the performance between Liverpool and Arsenal who incidently did not put a second string side against us in the cup. If this side do get us to the promise land then they should at least be given a chance to prove themselves as they have earned that chance. There's transfer windows to improve the team if all is going TU, furthermore everyone will expect us to fail so keep the faith in who got us there. Yeah I know Im drunk.

In my 28 years that is probably the most sensible, articulated thing I think you've ever written. What's gotten in to you?

Brighton til I Die

May 22, 2010
worst case scenario we get an unbelievable set of fixtures, a shed load of money and end up back in the league we are in now anyway. More importantly Are YOU Ready?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
In my 28 years that is probably the most sensible, articulated thing I think you've ever written. What's gotten in to you?

Thanks son had a different kind of wine last night and to be honest after two bottles that's what I was able to post. Very strange, normal service will be resumed today. Ring me later knobed, Love Dad.:albion2::albion2:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Going up to the PREM wouldn't be too early, the income which would be made is far to important.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
not ready for the prem at all, we will lose Bridge and Upton at the end of the season with no guarantee of getting them back and then you look at our bench last night and it tells you we are no where near ready, but it will be a great journey and one I will enjoy

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I feel I need to remind you that we're not likely to go up. We might not even make the playoffs, and if we do, only 1 team out of 4 goes up. It's what we want, but we need to be realistic and accept it's not that likely.

Think I read somewhere yesterday that we are 7/2 to go up this year. Not sure of odds for the other teams in or around the playoffs mind you, but that seems very low odds and the bookies don't get it wrong to often.

Would like to know why you think we are not likely to go up, I don't think any other team looking to go up are as good as we are and that's not being biased. Still that's my view and you have yours, makes for interesting times ahead.:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

**** me, who let in the doom and gloom merchant? :moo:

A win and a draw should get us in the playoffs.

Let's see, who might get in the play offs?

Palace - Lost 1 Won 1 - they are on a steep decline
Watford - Won 1 Lost 1 - can be beaten and have been recently and we cannot play as bad as we did at home against them
Leicester - Lost 1 Drawn 1 - either team can win this
Forest - Drawn 2 - either team can win this
Bolton - Drawn 1 Lost 1 - we totally out played them at home, either team can win

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't feel ready for any of this, but I suppose I am not really the one who's meant to be. The whole squad so determined tonight. Few chances, but still a joy to watch at times. Mostly in control and looking like professionals. Let's keep that spirit up.

Can we please have a cushy home win on Saturday - 2 or 3 nil up at half time please. My old ticker can't take much more of this.

Both of these.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think I read somewhere yesterday that we are 7/2 to go up this year. Not sure of odds for the other teams in or around the playoffs mind you, but that seems very low odds and the bookies don't get it wrong to often.
7/2 means we are not likely to go up. ie, if we had 9 attempts, we'd succeed twice, and fail seven times.

Would like to know why you think we are not likely to go up
Because there are 6 teams fighting for 1 place. Each of those 6 teams, looked at in isolation, is unlikely to go up.

I don't think any other team looking to go up are as good as we are and that's not being biased.
Well Watford are at least guaranteed a play off place, so there's a bit more chance of them getting promoted. They're also a pretty good team, but apart from them, I'd agree that we're a little better than the others at the moment. But that's not the point - the point is simply that there are 6 of us fighting for 1 place, so we are unlikely to go up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
**** me, who let in the doom and gloom merchant? :moo:
Not doom and gloom at all. We should (might not, but should) make the play-offs, and we'll have as much chance as anyone. I was just replying to darters comment ('will be absolutely gutted if we dont make it now') that we shouldn't be expecting promotion (hoping, but not expecting).

Not long ago we were 9-1 to get promotion, and I put all my pennies on it. But the playoffs are described as a lottery.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This is actually happening, isn't it?? Someone, please tell me I'm not going to wake up tomorrow to find that everything's been a dream since "that" free kick!?!? Because it certainly feels like it....

Agree, definately the closest we've been to the Prem since 'that free kick' (Deano's against last night's heroes Ipswich Town FC in 1991).

As Trigaaar says though, let's keep our feet on the ground at this time, the chances of us going up are in the moderate to slim bracket, but boy do we need that money.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
7/2 means we are not likely to go up. ie, if we had 9 attempts, we'd succeed twice, and fail seven times.

Because there are 6 teams fighting for 1 place. Each of those 6 teams, looked at in isolation, is unlikely to go up.

Well Watford are at least guaranteed a play off place, so there's a bit more chance of them getting promoted. They're also a pretty good team, but apart from them, I'd agree that we're a little better than the others at the moment. But that's not the point - the point is simply that there are 6 of us fighting for 1 place, so we are unlikely to go up.

Fair point but if we make the playoffs we are actually only fighting it out with 2 teams, the team we get to play and the other being the winner of the other match. Getting confusing now lets just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here