Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we missing a finisher?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is there any chance we might get a number 9 in - maybe offering Dahoud going the other way.
Nah, Pedro had an off day, Welbeck is still class, Ferguson is still work in progress and despite not hitting the back of the net, his all round game and hold up play is far more intelligent than some on here give him credit for, allowing others the time and space to score.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Normally a fan of Ferguson...not last night...Pedro prob had his worst game,kept giving ball away... Lamptey needs more pitch time to regain his confidence...Webster...oh dear.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No, we’re missing all of our genuine wide players which mean teams can pack their own box as we have no pace or width to stretch their defence.

We’ll be fine as soon as we get some wide players back. Being able to rotate between Mitoma, Adingra & Fati again is massive for us.

Football hasn’t been as simple as “We didn’t score so we need a striker” for a long time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Normally a fan of Ferguson...not last night...Pedro prob had his worst game,kept giving ball away... Lamptey needs more pitch time to regain his confidence...Webster...oh dear.
Webster is fine. If you are going to dig him out for his efforts, when thrown on at left back, against Wolves' best player, then you might as well stick Tariq Lamptey at centre back, then pile in on him if it doesn't go well.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Ferguson was dreadful and asleep last night. Near the end, as an example, Pedro got around the back on the left flank cutting in to the byline, readied to cross, Ferguson should be absolutely busting his balls to get in front of his man at the near post for a stoop header or a deflected tap in from 4 to 6 yards. No. Ferguson was literally just jogging into the D, wrong side of his man for a cutback, Pedro had no option but to shoot from a very acute angle and the keeper made a smart but simple save at his near stick, with Ferguson still barely in the box. If I was RDZ sitting down doing his video evidence tutorial next day, I would be incandescent, he had been on the pitch about 15 minutes, and was asleep, jogging, at the sharp end of the pitch, at the sharp end of the game. Totally inexcusable. Basics. I have seen no threat whatsoever from Ferguson for weeks, it’s almost like he’s lost in a world of Billy big bollocks like the one Connolly got lost in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We don't need a finisher. We all screamed at JP "just put your foot through it" about 5 times, but the fact is that he did exactly the same against Marseille and it meant we're straight into the last 16.

And it's not all on the strikers anyway. Gilmour had a great game but even he missed two chances to send our strikers through for one-on-ones. Last night was just one of those games.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Ferguson was dreadful and asleep last night. Near the end, as an example, Pedro got around the back on the left flank cutting in to the byline, readied to cross, Ferguson should be absolutely busting his balls to get in front of his man at the near post for a stoop header or a deflected tap in from 4 to 6 yards. No. Ferguson was literally just jogging into the D, wrong side of his man for a cutback, Pedro had no option but to shoot from a very acute angle and the keeper made a smart but simple save at his near stick, with Ferguson still barely in the box. If I was RDZ sitting down doing his video evidence tutorial next day, I would be incandescent, he had been on the pitch about 15 minutes, and was asleep, jogging, at the sharp end of the pitch, at the sharp end of the game. Totally inexcusable. Basics. I have seen no threat whatsoever from Ferguson for weeks, it’s almost like he’s lost in a world of Billy big bollocks like the one Connolly got lost in.
I agree with that post bar the “near stick” term 🤨

boik

No, we’re missing all of our genuine wide players which mean teams can pack their own box as we have no pace or width to stretch their defence.

We’ll be fine as soon as we get some wide players back. Being able to rotate between Mitoma, Adingra & Fati again is massive for us.

Football hasn’t been as simple as “We didn’t score so we need a striker” for a long time.
Mitoma and March draw players to them which leaves room for whoever is in the middle. Don't underestimate how much we miss them AND all of their understudies.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He's lost his confidence to even try to get into those positions. Hopefully it'll return.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Think Ferg seems to be right off his game for a while now. Just hope it’s not a case of ‘too much too soon’ and messing with his head and attitude.

I think we are missing March very much and since he’s been out we seem to be a bit more ponderous.

Don't think anyone looked anything like they can be last night. Let’s hope it was rust following a few days off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here